PDA

View Full Version : Resonator Box????wtf?

88'er
06-26-2004, 04:34 PM
so today i was trying to fix my great vibration from my "beloved" pacesetter headers and i thought i'd start looking at the air intake since i have a new cold air intake on order. well i traced the tubing to where it y's off one goes down right in front of the radiator, and the other larger tube goes off into the fender well. i was surprised that honda actually had a well thought out design to place it so far forward! but the tubing was connected to this box that i couldn't figure out. so i unbolted it, and its labelled "Resonator Box". Does anyone know what this thing is. there is NOTHING in the box at all but a TINY hole at the bottom. i took it off and have been running around without it, it does make the engine a little louder upfront but nothing too noticeable. i'll have pics to follow very soon, but would like to know if anyone knows what this is????

TheMagi
06-26-2004, 05:02 PM
factory equips cars with a box that 'resonates' incoming air to a tuned frequency, to lower intake air noise. Removing it is usually good for more H.P.

88'er
06-26-2004, 05:20 PM
cool! thanks bro, i figured it had something to do with that!

sleepee
06-27-2004, 05:55 AM
Are you referring to something like this??? :)

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/581000-581999/581850_8.jpg

johnwc723
06-27-2004, 10:36 AM
hahah thats great! nice "short ram" ghetto style, however the stock filter is still restrictive as hell as the way it bends so much to get to the intake manifold

88'er
06-27-2004, 11:36 AM
no man, its under your passenger side fender, by those cutouts for extra lights in your bumper. right in the corner, its true cold air there. so i think i'm just gonna have an exhaust guy run some nice pipe down there and i'll throw a filter on the end in the bumper.

sleepee
06-28-2004, 02:54 PM
hahah thats great! nice "short ram" ghetto style, however the stock filter is still restrictive as hell as the way it bends so much to get to the intake manifold

I thought the same thing as well when I recieved the car.

The intake was like that when I recieved the car along with a bunch of other problems

now the car doesn't move.

So that means i don't get to drive around and show off the "ghetto style Short Ram Intake"

:mad: