PDA

View Full Version : I got Head

A20A1
07-19-2002, 10:07 PM
Ok ok... I finally took the head off my parts car... the exhaust valves looked like burnt cookies, both intake valves were clean... but all 4 pistons had a thick layer of deposits... it was a mess.

I didnt bother to remove the header from the block or the down pipe I just lifted the head sligtly and slid it out from the studs.

I'm not sure what to do with it... I was goint to stick it on my car after some work but the exhasut valves are wasted... :(

pimp86LX
07-19-2002, 10:22 PM
lol thats a great way to make someone read this thread

LOL

Fix the valves!!!

accordlx
07-20-2002, 12:20 AM
Spend a hundred and a half and have NAPA replace the burnt valves and mill the head.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-20-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by accordlx
Spend a hundred and a half and have NAPA replace the burnt valves and mill the head.

I'm so sleepy I read NASA

I was like what the heck, ROCKET power:lol

A20A1
07-20-2002, 08:43 PM
haha Jim, well I bought a valve spring compressor but it turns out it's for springs twice the size of the springs I've got, so I can tighten the thing all I want and it won't compress crap.

offthahook
07-21-2002, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by accordlx

Head job. Yup yup. Mine was just a lil over $100 for a mill, all new valves and seals, and bead blast (NO sand, make sure they use glass). Check smaller shops cuz they'll be cheaper and better. Make sure they are familiar with Hondas though becuz our heads have tight tolerances.