PDA

View Full Version : HELP! need to take apart rear wheel hub!

sporkHSP
06-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Alright, i was taking off my lug nuts and one of the bolts snapped on my rear driverside hub... does anyone know how to pop the assembly off and get either the bolt or a new plate with all four off of a junker... i need help fast, ill be going to the junkyard and doing it tomorrow morning, but i dont have alot of time...
...help me... :sadwave:

89dxowner
06-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Its hard to get em off but they just pop off.

sporkHSP
06-27-2004, 10:31 AM
W.T.F... ok, so i take a new bolt plate from the junk yard today, after the axle washer, it just slid right off with no effort. I get home, and take the axle washer off my car and the frigging bearing for the boltplate is stuck on the axle bolt :burn: :burn: :burn: the thing wont budge for anything, it wiggles alittle, but its not coming off. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
i really dont want to have to replace the whole knuckle to fix one damn bolt, if anyone knows any possible way to get this thing apart im open for suggestions.

Blue Impact
06-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Try getting your car to a tire shop and see if they can take it out for you. Good luck. And damn, no one else, but these two damned Orovilleians are replying. :D

sporkHSP
06-27-2004, 10:41 PM
yeah i know! anyway, i dropped it off at the Firestone down the street w/ the replacement plate i got at the junkyard, i just left the directions for service as "reclpace broken bolt and plate with the one on the passenger seat", i figure they can figure it out since they were the last people to disassemble the rear assemblies when they relpaced a bolt that they broke last year and when they did my brakes afew months ago...