PDA

View Full Version : progressive springs?

88'er
06-27-2004, 01:12 PM
anyone know where i can find a good set of progressive springs to drop my 88 accord lxi about an 1" to an 1.5"? and what brands would you recomend?

shepherd79
06-27-2004, 02:51 PM
you posted in wrong section. it should be in suspension.
first i don't know why you want progressive springs. i had Intrax springs on my old accord and it had progressive springs on the back. i didn't like them.

bullard123
06-27-2004, 03:07 PM
I have sprint 2.25' springs on my ride. I like the stiffness they have. I'm thinking you have 17in rims sinse you only want a 1in to 1.5in drop. Right?

Justin86
06-27-2004, 09:17 PM
just go 1.5" drop with Neuspeed's it will look much better, or even lower???????? look at the stickies for different spring heights and stiffness.

Moodybluesr
06-28-2004, 02:00 AM
The first sticky topic in the suspension forum deals with spring rates and drop rates. To obtain the results you are describing I would go with Eibach Pro-kit springs. They are a bit on the pricey side ($150-200) but Eibach makes a good quality spring.

SiR
06-28-2004, 09:13 AM
anyone know where i can find a good set of progressive springs to drop my 88 accord lxi about an 1" to an 1.5"? and what brands would you recomend?

2" on my Suspension Technique springs. There are progressive, its really the only way to go if you dont want a adjustable setting. No one has ever complained about the ride of the car, and handles better then I could have wanted.

88'er
06-28-2004, 06:54 PM
well i've got stock tires and wheels right now, eventually i'll probably put 16's on, i dunno about 17's. if i drop it with progessive springs to 2.25 i just wanna make sure it'll perform good and look good. but i did find a damn good deal on some sprint springs for $123 today online. i just don't wanna go too low and be bottoming out on everything.

bullard123
06-28-2004, 07:04 PM
well i've got stock tires and wheels right now, eventually i'll probably put 16's on, i dunno about 17's. if i drop it with progessive springs to 2.25 i just wanna make sure it'll perform good and look good. but i did find a damn good deal on some sprint springs for $123 today online. i just don't wanna go too low and be bottoming out on everything.

Yeah, I used to bottom out with my sprint springs. Until I figured out why. I had too much junk in my trunk!!!! I had my stock springs in there ,my tool box, and a ton of other stuff I didn't need in there. Once I got it cleaned out I didn't bottom out anymore.

88'er
06-28-2004, 08:07 PM
so is it gonna be cool if i just replace my springs with the sprint ones and leave the stock struts for now?

AZmike
06-28-2004, 09:50 PM
No, stock struts can't handle lowering springs. You would have a floaty, bouncy ride. The sprints are among the stiffest lowering springs available. If you aren't willing to get the correct dampers, at least get softer springs like the H&Rs or Neuspeeds. I wouldn't recommend the Eibachs since the rear rates are so low--your car would understeer even more than it does with the stock parts.

Busted_Blue
06-28-2004, 11:51 PM
Actually...prokit is decent type of springs. This whole concept about more rear = oversteer isn't that simple. It's about balance and the spring rate differences are in percentages not number increase.

Keep in mind 3geez are not a 50-50 car and we need stiffer springs in the front. My thought is even though there is more stiffness in the front it doesnt necessary mean it will understeer like a mofo.

I'm just saying that low rear spring rates isn't the main key to understeer. It is about balance. You can after all, counter that with a bigger rear sway bar and add an LSD.

I think my tokicos 1" springs are great because it did not change the spring rate ratio of front vs rear that significantly. It raise the spring rates almost equally so it didn't destroy Honda's balanced ratio by that much. Anyways, I love the steering on my car so I'm happy with it. Besides I paid $63 for the springs, thats a bargain. :D

my two cents on spring rates.

88'er
06-29-2004, 06:56 PM
ok, both very good points. but now i'm totally not sure what i wanna do. here's what i'm thinking though. the sprint springs that will drop my car 2.25" which i wanna go that low anyways. with either kyb's or tokico's. with that throw off the feel a lot, and if so will it be good or bad. also what total setup (struts and springs) would you guys recommend for me if i want a 2.25" drop, eventually adding 16" wheels?