PDA

View Full Version : Radiator plastic tank cracks fix

valerit1
06-27-2004, 02:26 PM
:help: Second to full radiator replacement, of course, what would be the best working and longest lasting material to fix the notorious cracks in the plastic tanks of the radiator in our cars to keep the old radiator for a while?
Thanks,

Val

zero.counter
06-27-2004, 02:33 PM
JB Weld

valerit1
06-27-2004, 02:37 PM
JB Weld
Are you sure it works on a crack in the PLASTIC ONLY
(no metal involved!)

zero.counter
06-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Are you sure it works on a crack in the PLASTIC ONLY
(no metal involved!)
I used it where the metal meets the plastic near the top and have had no problems since.

johnwc723
06-27-2004, 03:53 PM
i dunno i would just go with a new radiator prolly, i took mine out it was sooo easy! (if that doesnt work and it give you too much trouble)

valerit1
06-28-2004, 07:48 AM
I used it where the metal meets the plastic near the top and have had no problems since.

Guys,

Once again, the crack is in the middle of the top plastic radiator tank, NO metal is even close. Anything known and working to fix well for a while?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Val

zero.counter
06-28-2004, 04:07 PM
Guys,

Once again, the crack is in the middle of the top plastic radiator tank, NO metal is even close. Anything known and working to fix well for a while?
Thanks a lot in advance!
Val

If you look at the stream of posts from where you stated, "Second to full radiator replacement, of course, what would be the best working and longest lasting material to fix the notorious cracks in the plastic tanks of the radiator in our cars to keep the old radiator for a while?
Thanks,"

I posted, "JB Weld"...
Now keep in mind that I am not a psychic and did not know that, "Are you sure it works on a crack in the PLASTIC ONLY
(no metal involved!)", when I placed JB Weld on my radiator 3 years ago. I merely told you what my experience has and how it might have assisted, again...not knowing the exact location of your specific leak or that it was not in the vicinity of the plastic seam to metal as mine was. I only suggested because I saw you first post because the plastic tank on my car meets the metal and that is where my leak was sprung.

High Temp Epoxy from Autozone is what you are after. There is no need to be rude with the, "once again", statement, insinuating that like a child, someone would need to be spoken to more than once due to an inability to comprehend.

valerit1
06-28-2004, 04:13 PM
I apologize for "once again" if it offended you.
I did not mean to, it was just a fugure of speech to
emphasize what is my situation - no metal involved
so I need something which works well on plastic only
part of the radiator. Sorry once again for "once again". :lol:

Val

If you look at the stream of posts from where you stated, "Second to full radiator replacement, of course, what would be the best working and longest lasting material to fix the notorious cracks in the plastic tanks of the radiator in our cars to keep the old radiator for a while?
Thanks,"

I posted, "JB Weld"...
Now keep in mind that I am not a psychic and did not know that, "Are you sure it works on a crack in the PLASTIC ONLY
(no metal involved!)", when I placed JB Weld on my radiator 3 years ago. I merely told you what my experience has and how it might have assisted, again...not knowing the exact location of your specific leak or that it was not in the vicinity of the plastic seam to metal as mine was. I only suggested because I saw you first post because the plastic tank on my car meets the metal and that is where my leak was sprung.

High Temp Epoxy from Autozone is what you are after. There is no need to be rude with the, "once again", statement, insinuating that like a child, someone would need to be spoken to more than once due to an inability to comprehend.

RED LXI
06-28-2004, 04:23 PM
jb weld work's whether its plastic or metal and isn't affected by radiator heat.
However I would suggest getting a new or used radiator from the junkyard, it pays to do things right.