PDA

View Full Version : Project Vacuum Line Removal - COMPLETED

RobbyKlotz
06-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Well, I just finished tuning the carb, and took her for a test spin. I have to say that I am highly impressed with the performance gain, and throttle response.

If you have not done this mod, I would highly recommend it. I would like to throw a big thanks to Sheperd for the tech support :rockon:

88accordalltheway
06-28-2004, 03:08 PM
good job man, i would do it too, but everone know how cali is and their gay emission standards. How noticable is it?

RobbyKlotz
06-28-2004, 03:28 PM
good job man, i would do it too, but everone know how cali is and their gay emission standards. How noticable is it?

It pulls awesome up until 5G then starts to back off, but it will go into the red without too much hassle... Take off is good also.

I'll get some track results before too long...

With everything stock, my log book shows 19.10's in the 1/4 mile.

shepherd79
06-28-2004, 05:06 PM
check your timing. you may want to advance it a little or get prelude distributor.

Justin86
06-28-2004, 06:06 PM
sweet glad you were able to pull it off. :D

HondaBoy
06-28-2004, 06:23 PM
i'm just itchin to do that too. that damn air suction valve is clickin and everyone thinks its my valves clicking. i dont know how Texas is going to go about with its emissions regulations in the future though. i heard in 2005 they were going to start that bull shit testing like California has. i'd hope not. i guess a lot of people would hope that because there's so many cars around here that are emissions modded. so, you havent had any problems with stalling or anything?

RobbyKlotz
06-28-2004, 07:04 PM
i'm just itchin to do that too. that damn air suction valve is clickin and everyone thinks its my valves clicking. i dont know how Texas is going to go about with its emissions regulations in the future though. i heard in 2005 they were going to start that bull shit testing like California has. i'd hope not. i guess a lot of people would hope that because there's so many cars around here that are emissions modded. so, you havent had any problems with stalling or anything?

She bogs a hair on take off, and i got it idled a little too high, 1000, but she runs like a top... if i slam it too the floor it will spin and catch second.. its nice...

HondaBoy
06-28-2004, 07:16 PM
hmm, my lowest idle i can get mine out of drive is about 1000-1100 rpm. in drive is like right at 1000 rpm, doesnt vibrate the dash or nothin. which version of the line removal did you use? newest one?

TheMagi
06-28-2004, 07:22 PM
I'd like to remove some of the 'spaghetti' under the hood to clean up the appearance.

88accordhb
06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
cali sux, i'd do it too, also this is currently my only car.

wprocomp
06-28-2004, 07:55 PM
hey hondaboy you ever want to remove your lives let me know,I did mine,and yes its very much worth it,you have to turn the idle up a little,more if you want your A/C still,you will lose cruise though...just ask OD or dibbs about our 6krpm plus fun.....just let me know when you are ready

HondaBoy
06-28-2004, 08:11 PM
well, since your pushing me to say yes to vac line removal, i think i'm ready. there's so many people im my neighborhood that have cars modded out with no emissions crap. that stuff is just a waste of power. it would probley be pretty clean running w/o it anyway. i'd rather remove unneeded stuff than replace it.

wprocomp
06-28-2004, 08:14 PM
cool man,I might be in corpus next weekend for july4th,but i wont have the accord and will be with friends,I doubt they would take the time to meet up unfortunitly,but I can always change things

HondaBoy
06-28-2004, 08:20 PM
for sure, i'd make time to do that. maybe i can find this red 3gee coupe runnin around. havent talked to the guy yet, but that thing must have some good stuff going on with it. probley friday i can find him down town where everyone hangs out. thats at People Street T head by Landry's. usually around 10:30 pm is when they start comming out and parking. PM me or something if your going to come here. maybe i should get some new vac line caps too.

RobbyKlotz
06-29-2004, 03:56 AM
You wont regret it. Hardest part I had was re-tuning the carb, but if you got someone to start the car while your turning screws, it works a whole lot easier. When I had the lower RPM before the dash vibrated, but now its pretty quick... I gotta get the cv joints replaced now, they are popping like crazy.

Now I am ready to mod my civic intake and throw that on that big empty space where the vacuum box and canister was.

soljaboy2000
06-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Well, I just finished tuning the carb, and took her for a test spin. I have to say that I am highly impressed with the performance gain, and throttle response.

If you have not done this mod, I would highly recommend it. I would like to throw a big thanks to Sheperd for the tech support :rockon:

Thats cool...I was about to do the same. I already read the How-To but I just wanted to know what exactly did you do. Like a summary of the steps. or if there any shortcuts, etc or do I need to buy any additional parts.??