PDA

View Full Version : New Fuel Filter = Happy A20

HondaBoy
06-28-2004, 06:14 PM
ok, well i thought it might be a good idea to change out the fuel filter again. i'd done it at what i think was around 92000 miles. i dont think it had been changed before that. anyway, its just rolled over 103000 miles. i'd seen my friend use a clear view reuseable fuel filter in his truck a while back. lately i'd seen them at all the parts stores. so i decided to get one, i got the anodized red and blue one. i thought i might as well get one that looked good. well, as i've been finding out, no installation of anything on the car goes as planned! ehh, i found that the fuel line running into the carb is smaller than the 1st line running into the fuel filter. i think it's something like a 3/8's line into the fuel filter and a little smaller than a 5/16 line comming out of the filter running to the carb. well, i pulled off the line into the carb, and the end that is on the carb had cracked. i'm guessing thats because its gotten hot many times and is old as hell. well, i got a new 5/16 line to run into the carb and the fuel filter now fits into it. i got it all in good, no leaks. that old filter must have been restrictive or something. it feels like it has a little more pick up. maybe so because it has enough power to chirp the tires on grippy pavement. before it would just grip and go on grippy roads. those are the yokohama's. i think it would be a good idea to change out the fuel filter in the rear of the car also. its behind the left rear wheel. i wonder if putting in a new fuel pump would make any difference. its the original one in there. now i can see when that filter gets dirty unlike the OEM replacement where you cant really tell if its clogged or not.

speedpenguin
06-28-2004, 06:22 PM
interesting
time to add another thing to my list of things to do to the car when i have time and money

HondaBoy
06-28-2004, 06:26 PM
its worth it i think. i think i'll take it out once more and see if its all in my head. but today it was hot as shit and it never has that much power in the afternoon hot air. this was a filter that goes usually on V8's. it wasnt in the "rice" section. lol.

HondaBoy
06-28-2004, 07:20 PM
ok, well i just couldnt resist. i took the 3gee out for a spin. it seems to have better pick up. the speedo needle rises quicker for sure. that must have had some nasty crap in the old filter or something. ha, i had to do some off roading too. they had construction convieniently at night and there was an accident up the way. so people made their own off ramp, i followed. think i scraped the hook on the crossmemeber though.

Busted_Blue
06-28-2004, 08:40 PM
I need to change my fuel filter too. It needs a new one badly -_-