PDA

View Full Version : Well... I bought the car today.... mixed emotions

Big Body LX
07-20-2002, 09:05 AM
Okay.. well I haven't driven a 5speed in over 3 years and I just bought a 1987 Honda Accord LXi hatch 5speed....

The car is clean and runs good... passed emmissions and doesn't burn oil.

Well... I fucked the CV Axle already by stalling it hard a few times and then the final was when I downshifted while going up a hill and jerked hard.

So I have this new Accord sitting down the road from my house on the side of the road I can't drive!

TeKKnoTeKK
07-20-2002, 10:07 AM
lol man...take it easy there, sounds like you have some practicing to do before you try to take on nascar or anything :D Sorry bout the car.

Big Body LX
07-20-2002, 10:12 AM
I've been racing for 2 years now (drag racing) lol... just not 5speeds!

It's alright though... because my other car isn't officially gone yet. I still have my 5th gen Accord automatic to drive to work today so I can replace that CV axle tomorrow after I get home.

DBMaster
07-20-2002, 10:52 AM
If it makes you feel any better, the CV joint was probably getting ready to go out anyway. You just accelerated the process a bit.

Don't be surprised if you end up having to spend a few bucks here and there. This is a 15 year old car and you don't know what has been replaced and what hasn't. They are good, durable cars, though, so your odds are good.

1988starter
07-20-2002, 08:12 PM
I think I saw some cv axils on ebay