PDA

View Full Version : Yeeaaahhh, I got my car back-

crwa
06-29-2004, 06:57 PM
So I haven't had my car drivable for like 3 months... The auto tranny started to go and I decided to swap it to manual, and getting all the parts took forever... So its finally done and has been home for 3 days now... At first it was slower then the auto was, which was due to a huge exhaust leak and some vacuum lines being hooked up wrong... But now its all taken care of and running strong, in fact to strong... My car is almost to quick for me since I was so use to it being an auto for nearly two years. I used a prelude trans. so the gears are shorter, and when I'm in first and start going and get on it the rpms just jump and it takes off... Its probably not as quick as I think it is but its so nice to have some power now... I've yet to max out each gear and run the quarter but as it is now it fells like it'll run 16's (hopefully, I just want to run close to my friends 00 si)...

Anyway I just wanted to share, I'm so happy to have it back and running, and plus I've added so many new toys in the past few months so I'll try and get some picture posted soon...

pixiesfan78
06-29-2004, 07:04 PM
congrats bro how much did the swap cost you alltogether?as i understood it you searched out the parts your self and took it to a mechanic right.how many bens did you hand over? and did you have the lude tranny rebuilt first?

i.c.
06-29-2004, 07:15 PM
nice crwa... i wanna see some new pics of you car man!!!

if it looks better than last time i will freakin go crazy...

crwa
06-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Altogether i think it cost about $500 for the swap... The tranny seems to be fine, no grinding or slipping or anything... And my friend and I did it in his garage... I also put in a pacesetter short shifter, got an exedy clutch kit, resurfaced the flywheel, picked up sparco pedals and got a dc sports knob and autotechnic boot, and at the same time I put in a brand new starter and had the cv boots on the passenger side replaced...

And i.c., you'll go nuts when you see it now- There's a cf hood, new rims, custom tail lights, new stance, prelude steering wheel, new exhaust, new tach, and a bunch of new carbon fiber parts on the interior and a few other things, give me a few weeks and I'll have some pictures to show...

88accordhb
06-29-2004, 07:58 PM
SHAKA-ZULU!!!! SUper congrats man. have fun with it.

dXsquared
06-29-2004, 08:01 PM
hey... have fun.. and sorry about the delays mang...

Travis

BITESIZE
06-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Sounds good, you'll love the five speed swap!!!

pixiesfan78
06-29-2004, 09:27 PM
allright thats it im going to look at the tranny swap how to again. bitesize do you have to push this shit so hard every time somebody mentions a tranny your like swap that shit yo. your gonna make me do it just to get you to shut up arent you.jk

BITESIZE
06-29-2004, 09:48 PM
allright thats it im going to look at the tranny swap how to again. bitesize do you have to push this shit so hard every time somebody mentions a tranny your like swap that shit yo. your gonna make me do it just to get you to shut up arent you.jk

As soon as you get off your lazy ass and do something to your car, you can have the pride and privelidge to be as prideful as I am about my car.....no offense. :rofl: :uh:

MattsAccord
06-30-2004, 12:31 AM
crwa we need to get this meet together I really want to see you car and all the other stuff you have done to it. I don't think I have seen it or any pictures since the meet that we had a while ago.