PDA

View Full Version : cold air intake

ninja2571
07-20-2002, 09:14 AM
has anyone put a cold air intake, in a 89 accord lxi 4dr....i want to put a blue polished one in my car, but dont know if it will fit.......can you guys help me out:werd:

3rdgenSLIMER
07-20-2002, 09:24 AM
doesn't matter how many doors it is. you can get an intake for your car. weapon r makes one specifically for our cars, but i hear from tons of people that they aren't very well, they're filters get really dirty really fast. the best thing to do would be find and intake for i think its like a 95 civic, and you can cut it a little bit and make it fit.

lots of people on here have moved their battery to the trunk so they would have more room, i didn't do this, its too much of a hassle.

but i also heard from a guy on another board, that he mounted his filter in his bumper, i don't know how he did this, im trying to get him to tell me, but anyways. good luck with it.

89accordlxi
07-20-2002, 12:57 PM
Well of course some of us have Cold Air Intakes. I don't think anybody makes a direct fit CAI for our cars so those who do have cold air either make there own or modify ones for other cars. Check out my thread on my CAI to see pics and parts needed to make your own. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1448&highlight=intake
You say you want to install one. Did you find one that will fit from a different car or are you making your own?? There should be instructs in the how-to section..
Good luck!!!

Peace out..