PDA

View Full Version : 92 prelude seats?

od2681
06-30-2004, 11:47 AM
hi..i just went to the junkyard today to look at seats and found a 92 prelude with seats that were in pretty good condition..they were bucket seats and the guy said 80 bucks for both of em..my question being, would they fit or not..i mean could a newb do it...he was gona take em out for me too....so does anyone know if they brackets and stuff line up and stuff like that...would they fit is my real question cuzz they match my interior too...
thanks all

pixiesfan78
06-30-2004, 12:29 PM
i put 91 lude seats in mine i dont know if there is a difference or not but all i had to do was swap the sliders from my corrdy seats.i paid 50.oo for mine and they were mint and i mean mint. look at a pick and pull yard most sell them for 50.00 other then that some integra seats work i think. and civic or crx to although i dont know what years or how much modding is involved for those. good luck man.

pixiesfan78
06-30-2004, 12:31 PM
oh dude your in htown yeh go to picka part.yuoll find a better deal. tell em i sent ya. jk.

od2681
06-30-2004, 12:38 PM
where is pick a part?...so prelude seats go in no prob...im a newb at this stuff...so i dont know this stuff that much..as far as i can see..i need to take off couple of bolts and stuff....can you tell me how you did em
im try to bring em down to 70 or somethin

pixiesfan78
06-30-2004, 03:31 PM
alrght for pickaprt look in your yellow pages under used parts. i seem to remember one off of blalock or somewhere over there northwest side but there are a few unless that changed in the last year wich is a possibility with houston.as far as the swap i dont know if 92s will work cause i never looked at one. but the 91s are easy. there are old threads about this just use search and look for 91 lude seats. all you have to do is remove your seat there are 4 bolts on each seat you have to pull off those plastic covers on the back of the seats slide them all the way forward and youll see em.now flip them over and remove the sliders its pretty straight forward three nuts on each one.remove the lude sliders and set em aside.now the only mounting difference on the accord sliders is the middle studs are in a different spot then the lude. all four end bolts line up.you can iether drill a new hole for the center stud or cut it off four mounting bolts is pleanty.then bolt them on put the plastic trim back yuoll have to use the accord trim on the inside part closest to console and the lude trim stays on the outer part of seat. while you have the trim off you may want to paint the accord trim to match lude trim.then bolt em back in to your car and smoke one to celebrate cause there alot better then the accord seats.:rockon:

od2681
06-30-2004, 07:59 PM
yeah ima try to go there tomorrow...they are the same model car..the 91 adn the 92 ludes....wish me luck..ima try to do this crap tomorrow and the rest of the week...if i get him down to 70 or somethin..that would be kickass

od2681
06-30-2004, 08:03 PM
wait a sec....91 ludes are the ones with flat headlights righ..Not the ones with popups right??...cuz if 91 is a 3rd gen lude, im talkin bout hte fourth gen lude

HondaBoy
07-01-2004, 01:11 PM
that would be something to know. only way is to take the rails off an 3rd gen accord and see if their bolt holes are going to line up. i'd think they would, but they may have changed the spacing or location of them from 3rd to 4th gen. i have '89 prelude seats in my accord. i like em because they sit a little lower. maybe i'll see if i can find this out. if there's 3rd gen preludes with directly bolted in 4th gen prelude seats, then it would be possible. i think i saw one somewhere a while back, i'll have to look it up.

od2681
07-01-2004, 01:18 PM
thanks man

pimp86LX
07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
gen 3 preludes were 88-91 and gen 4 was 92-96 ...im pretty sure anyway.

grd gen preludes had flip up lights.

od2681
07-01-2004, 01:23 PM
yeah i looked that up and got really dissapointed..lol

pixiesfan78
07-02-2004, 11:50 PM
yeah 91s had popups. just go to another yard man. alright check this out head over to south sheppard street there are about 30 salvage yards all the way down and dealerships to .the 91 lude seats are sweet they have lumbar support on the drivers side and are pretty comfertable compared to accord seats. but just remember plan on wanting to change the whole intierior color after you get em. trust me you will want to.