PDA

View Full Version : stock struts with AM springs

jlaccord89lxi
06-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Is anyone running/has run in the past stock struts with aftermarket springs? I have a set of H&R's, and I want to put them on. I know H&R's are stiffer than stock springs and may not be the best combination with stock struts, but is it do-able/safe? Will they slide a lot? Anyone else ever do it with any big problems?

shepherd79
06-30-2004, 05:05 PM
i had Intrax springs on stock struts.
it was fine, but tokico struts would helped a lot

86AccordLxi
06-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Uh, I had brand new monroe sensatracs with h&rs and within 6-8 months all 4 blew out. The ride was ok when they were new, but deteriorated quickly. I would def. just wait for tokicos, which is what I put afterwards, and was worlds betters, though still a tad bit bouncy in the front.

Alex

jlaccord89lxi
07-01-2004, 05:20 AM
i had Intrax springs on stock struts.
it was fine, but tokico struts would helped a lot
How much of a drop are Intrax springs?

jlaccord89lxi
07-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Uh, I had brand new monroe sensatracs with h&rs and within 6-8 months all 4 blew out. The ride was ok when they were new, but deteriorated quickly. I would def. just wait for tokicos, which is what I put afterwards, and was worlds betters, though still a tad bit bouncy in the front.

Alex
Here's my problem: I now have a brand new set of Koni's, still in the box, that I want to sell...but 3 of my springs are cracked and it will cost me too much to get a set of stock springs to replace my broken ones so that I can then sell my car. I do not want to sell my car with the Koni's/H&R's on it because I'll never get what they're worth...so I looking for an alternate solution. I don't drive my car very hard at all, so if the H&R's will work alright, I want to use them since I already have them.

Vanilla Sky
07-01-2004, 05:38 AM
hehe, i wish you weren't in canada... i have a set of stock sprinds with monroe sensatracs i'll trade with ya... i don't think you'd take that kind of loss, though :p