PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

Ludi Mali
06-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey, I'll give a rundown of my system so you guys have a better idea of whats going on in there. I have 4 blaupunkt 6.5's in the stock locations and 2 more blau 6x9s that i cut into the back deck. In the trunk i have 2 Diamond cm3's in a custom ported box. The blau's are all running off of a cadence q4100, and the diamonds are off a directed 750d. Deck is an eclipse cd/mp3, don't remember the model number. oh yeah, and 2 shitty pyle tweeters on the A pillars. 2 question. Is there something i can put in line for a bass control without me having to buy a crossover or EQ. And secondly, what would be a good material to fab an enclosure for up front under the ashtray for me to put 2 more speakers to fill out the front sound stage ( yes i know i have 4 speakers in the back, but i like the loud (: ) I was thinking of putting 2 3.5s or something like that so i get more bass than the tweets, so the voices and such will be more to the front.

so to recap, adjustable bass, and material for front enclosure??

HostileJava
06-30-2004, 08:27 PM
If your amp has a bass boost on it you can, if you feel comfortable doing it, cut that out and run a wire up to the front to a potentiometer. You shouldn't really need an enclosure for 3.5" drivers but use somthing that doesn't carry vibrations like particle board.

zero.counter
06-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Adjustable bass, something close to the quality of a parametric eq.
Material, fiberglass with some plastic reinforcement. Most likely, 3 to 5 layers built up with the underlying structure being some fleece material...

Ludi Mali
06-30-2004, 08:33 PM
The amp doesn't have any kind of remote bass plug, i was wondering if there is soemthing that can maybe adjust rca levels or soemthing like that, i just want it for the subs, the rest of the bass i can control well from the deck. And I didn't really mean enclosure, i should have worded that differently, I just want something with a solid look to it, with a front and sides and all so that i can paint it to look real clean.

zero.counter
06-30-2004, 08:36 PM
The amp doesn't have any kind of remote bass plug, i was wondering if there is soemthing that can maybe adjust rca levels or soemthing like that, i just want it for the subs, the rest of the bass i can control well from the deck. And I didn't really mean enclosure, i should have worded that differently, I just want something with a solid look to it, with a front and sides and all so that i can paint it to look real clean.
A single sub crossover, check out ebay as some have remote wired adjustability or even some of the alpine amps have it built-in. MDF for the structure, you cant go wrong there...