PDA

View Full Version : K-Mod CAI

Underdog
07-01-2004, 01:13 AM
Hi, I know there are a TON of CAI posts, as I've searched and read a ton. However, I don't think I have the patience to custom make myself one. I was wondering if anyone has tried the K-Mod Cold air intakes? It would be a lot easier for me, this being my first mod, and being new to cars, to be able to bolt something up instead of doing custom fab work. I live in washington, where it rains, so I'm pretty sure I'll need the bypass valve too. Also, with the K-Mod intakes, you can get a Tenzo, K&N, or APEXi filter with it, and each one goes up in price, in that order. Is it really worth say the extra $40 for the APEXi filter over the Tenzo filter? Thanks for the help, and please don't flame me, I'm new to cars still, just got my first, and am taking auto shop classes next year at school.

k-roy
07-01-2004, 01:16 AM
OK get a K&N Filter, tenzo sucks ass and aPexI is overrated.

First do you have a DX,LX, LXi or SEi?

ivanfbi
07-01-2004, 02:18 AM
I will sell you mine, how much do you pay, I don't have the valve bypass and filter is unlnown, but lets see how much do you pay? I live in Lynnwood

ivanfbi
07-01-2004, 02:20 AM
If you want I will even install it to you, if you will come to my house. You have a EFI right?

Underdog
07-01-2004, 11:34 AM
ivanfbi, thanks for the offer, but I don't have the money in hand right now, I'm looking at maybe a month or two before I have the money.

k-roy, se-i

Wood9669
07-01-2004, 05:39 PM
ivanfbi, thanks for the offer, but I don't have the money in hand right now, I'm looking at maybe a month or two before I have the money.

k-roy, se-i

when did you buy it..?
i was going to buy a se-i coupe a few days ago (maybe a week.. ) (176k miles, grey-silverish, good condition) in seattle (aurora classic coach automobiles or something like that) but someone bought it a day before i got the money.
i wonder if its the same 1..

Underdog
07-01-2004, 06:27 PM
LOL! Yup, that's the car. I think we bought it on friday (a week ago), which is the same day I saw it in Autotrader. I drove up with my dad from port orchard about 5 minutes before a kid and his mom showed up to look at it, was really lucky, because traffic was a pain in the arse all the way there. When we went to look at it, I think the guy said only one other person had looked at it, but offered them like $1,300 or something for it, which they said no to. I was surprised it wasn't sold already when my dad called about it.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/633956