PDA

View Full Version : questions for any 3g member that may know this . . . .

accordlxi2.0
07-01-2004, 08:03 PM
i know this may be a stupid question to ask right now but.
does anyone know the safty rating for a 86-89 accord???
i mean how safe are these babies . . . . . .

AccordEpicenter
07-01-2004, 08:07 PM
youre joking right?....

Theyre nothing spectacular, but particularly piss poor in side impact crashes... dont get hit there. Ive seen them get rear ended with the bumper pushed into the trunk and it was still driveable (scary)

ivanfbi
07-01-2004, 08:25 PM
they are safe......MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HondaBoy
07-01-2004, 08:49 PM
i'll tell you this, they are probley safer than a neon. lol. i'd say the front and rear impact is about a high 3, side is mid 2, and roll over is i dunno, about 4. i wish they listed this shit somewhere. maybe they do? i looked inside the doors and they have little to protect from an impact unlike newer cars with a thicker bar of support. you know the black trim along the mid section of the door? behind that there is a reinforcement thing. i thought about cutting some unneeded metal out and welding in some strong tubing or something. i've seen in done on some race cars.

88accordhb
07-01-2004, 09:12 PM
let me go test it out....i'll get back to you if i get back at all.

accordlxi2.0
07-02-2004, 11:17 AM
haa very funny . . . . .
i'm pissed cause when ever someone brings up the accident, all i've been hearing ioh i seen the car, then the next thing is you had to been speeding.
then the next, and you had to been racing.
this fucking pisses me off.
all the fuck i wanted to do is replace my pioneer system since i fucked it up.
plus someone had the nerve to assume that i was all bad and shit.
i don't know about the ass who hit me, but i know i have my shit together.
i mean i bought the car cause, i can't afford something better, then i " add a lil' taste to it"
then people wanna think i was racing.
i should've jus took my fat ass home and went the next day. NONE OF THE SHIT WOULDVE HAPPENED. then my dad say's this should be a lesson learned.
what the fuck did i do to deserve this.
tru i was speeding, still, i swear some don't know how it is, but they be like oh you better thank god.
i thanked god when i woke up, still in the car, and still thank him.

plus i know the side impact since i hit it at an angle at 50mph, i'll give it a 3half.

NXRacer
07-02-2004, 11:28 AM
the bodies of the 3g have the durability of a soda can. I hit the back corner of a lincoln going MAYBE 5mph and 'totaled' my car.

accordlxi2.0
07-02-2004, 11:49 AM
those are pretty big and metal, i'm just pissed that's all . . . .

accordlxi2.0
07-02-2004, 08:07 PM
the doors have a bar, man that's good that what took most the impact . . . .
well basing off between the 90 accord which scored a 4d/p and civic 3d/4p in front, rear, and side impact.

accordlxi2.0
07-03-2004, 11:25 AM
hey honda boy, i don't remember seeing that bar on mine's, must be the 88-89's or something right????

HondaBoy
07-03-2004, 06:10 PM
no, its on all of them. its not really a tubular bar. its in there, looks like a buldged out place right behind where the outter rubber trim is on the door's outside. anyway, here's a hint of how durable the 3gee is in an accident. here's mine. it was hit at about 40 or 50 mph by a big ford. didnt do shit to the truck. just knocked its lights out and slightly dent the bumper. not so much for my car. about $2000 worth of body work, i got ripped though because the panel they put on is now rusting while the rest of my car has no rust! finally found the paper's on it so i can take it back for them to fix the rust. good thing its like a lifetime warrenty on the panel. that rear glass must be pretty friggin strong, that shit didnt break! or it got hit just right to where it just bent the metal around it.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_17_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_11_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_8_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_10_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/347000-347999/347392_25_full.jpg

mag_pbg
07-03-2004, 09:46 PM
A couple of years back my perents best freind was driving a 3 geez, had a wreck and died becuase his door opend when it flipped but the seat belt wrapped around him and through him outside the car

HondaBoy
07-03-2004, 10:15 PM
so it had the belts that were connected to the door? i'm guessing that was a coupe? that sucks really bad. when i got hit my car spun around a few times and didnt even die or anything. and i drove that old girl home with the tire all wongo pulling and shit. what you see in my pix was about all the damage done. just the panel and a suspension part to one side. i thought the frame would be bent, but no, it actually wasnt still drives strait too.

accordlxi2.0
07-04-2004, 08:24 AM
i'm gonna try to post mine's.
so looking at your pic's were you rear ended.
hmmm what got me wondering though when i came to my engine was off.
i think when it slamed into the wall cruppeld the dash it probaly knocked out the fuse or something.

accordlxi2.0
07-04-2004, 08:29 AM
UPDATE::::::
i just looked at the pic's.
it's smashed in alot further than i thought.
telling you it's smashed to the point it look's like the tank was smashed.
and the suspension still intact.
i asked my dad if he moved it, he said no, but if he would've he probaly would've been going in a circle.
NOT only the car saved me , but god played a MAJOR ROLE in this.