PDA

View Full Version : Extractor / Header

87RedAccord
07-02-2004, 06:08 AM
Well i got an 87 Si accord with 2.25 cat back.. Just wont some info on extractors and how much pereformance would i get out of them and what other upgrades i could do with excuast?

Cheers!!

Jims 86LXI HB
07-02-2004, 07:26 AM
extractors? Not a term I've ever heard of here in north america. Could you post some links that talk about them? I have a feeling what the term translates to here, but I want to get your discription.

Vinny
07-02-2004, 07:34 AM
I think he's meaning header. Thats another term used in Australia.

Hey Jim if you look back on this..........You have any words good or bad on OPM's full race header?? You know, the Tri Y they were making

k-roy
07-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Ok you got 2 choices on headers, if Vinny is correct. I think Exaughst manifold is the correct term.
Either DC Sports (Rare) or Pacesetter (kinda cheap). Or you could always go custom, but takes $$$.

Moodybluesr
07-02-2004, 10:28 AM
OPM makes a full-race header for the feul injected 3gee, albeit an expensive one:

http://www.opmautosports.com/products/honda_accordlxi.html

smufguy
07-02-2004, 10:32 AM
OPM makes a full-race header for the feul injected 3gee, albeit an expensive one:

http://www.opmautosports.com/products/honda_accordlxi.html

how are their products? I might grab their LSD. I would rather have a clutch type than a stupid viscous copuing. and not to mention their brake lines too. So yeah, how is their craftmanship/quiality/service? thanks.

Strugglebucket
07-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah, what's up with the injectors? $100 seems like a good deal if they're better any better than oem.

smufguy
07-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah, what's up with the injectors? $100 seems like a good deal if they're better any better than oem.

look close, it says balanced and blueprinted. so u gotta send urs in to get it fixed for 100 bux.

Moodybluesr
07-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I haven't heard anything bad about OPM Autosports. Just about anybody with a first generation CRX/third generation Civic knows about their quality torsion bars and sway bars. They are also a good outlet for Koni shocks. Give them a call and see what they have to say.

Jims 86LXI HB
07-03-2004, 08:33 AM
I think he's meaning header. Thats another term used in Australia.

Hey Jim if you look back on this..........You have any words good or bad on OPM's full race header?? You know, the Tri Y they were making

I dunno, I'd have to see a pic to get a look at it's construction.

S&S headers makes a 4-1 header for our cars (don't be confused by their web site, it is a 4-1).

This thread here claims that S&S will be comming out with a 4-2-1 header, you'd want to call S&S to see if that in fact ever happened.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=30572&highlight=S%26S

I really liked the DC Sports header that I had a lot, but their discontinued and as tuff as ever to actually find on a dealer shelf.

Robs89LXi
07-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Has anyone tried talking to DC to see if they would make some more headers? Seems like if you guys are realy serious, and there sure sounds like there are several people that say they would buy one, you ought to look into it. I'm sure they still have the design specs, and if you approach them with a gauranteed group buy of say a minimum of 10 headers, it would probably be worth it to them to fabricate a lot. Anyone tried this?

Vinny
07-03-2004, 12:25 PM
DC will not make any parts for the 3rd gen. Not only are they out of that market they are working their way out of the 4th gen market as well. Plus the sheer number that larger companies want ordered in a group buy would never make it on this site. Been there, asked that, was told no.

Robs89LXi
07-03-2004, 12:32 PM
Well, that sucks. What about any other companies? My other vehicle is a Nissan pickup, and I had tried to raise interest on a Hardbody forum for getting Hotshot to make us some. The Hardbody truck shares the same KA24E engine as the early model 240SX, and while they make a header for the car, they don't for the truck. Anyway, I contacted them, and they were willing to make them if I could get an order for 10. Unfortunatly, it was a weak forum, and I could not find 10 serious buyers. Hotshot is a very reputable header manufacturer though, so maybe you should try them, as well as others.

87RedAccord
07-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Cheers all hey.. now i can get some info.. i was always confused when people talked about headers. my search for extractors didnt turn up much so i was like damm.. cheers for info and headers.. funny stuff
:rofl: