PDA

View Full Version : Tire wobbles

newtuner
07-03-2004, 09:41 PM
My front end when i hit a bump takeing a turn relativly fast jumps back and forth on the steering violently. i changed my tierod end on th eone that was bad but it is still doing it. i have checked everything but nothing in my suspension is loose soo i need some ideas. can the rack and pinion be bad? or could it be my cv joints?? plz someone give me some ideas!!!!

Justin86
07-03-2004, 10:20 PM
So it is the steering colum that moves or is the actual wheels turning when you hit the bump. I know at this one corner there is no bumps and every time I hit them esp going fast pretty much the front end of the car hops over towards the ditch, I'm pretty sure that casue of my stiff ass springs.

HondaBoy
07-03-2004, 10:35 PM
i'd take a look at the ball joints or wheel bearings. i know my bearings need to be replaced, the rear ones have too much travel or something. i dunno. maybe check up on the sway bar? those are all worth looking at anyway.

SteveDX89
07-04-2004, 05:23 AM
The only thing that can loosen naturally is the tie rods and ball joints. Once they go bad, they allow for a lot of movement in the suspension. Upper balljoints are an expensive fix. Around 100 bucks a side. To check this, jack the car up and take the wheel off. Then grab the knuckle and push on it toward the pass side and then back toward you. It should have no play. If it does, the ball joint is bad.