PDA

View Full Version : Almost Fixed....but........

soljaboy2000
07-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Today I decided to replace the carburetor just case I fux something up on mines during the rebuild. So I went to the junk and bought a used carburetor for $29. I think it was a good deal considering the carburetor had the same model number as mines with only 110K on it and it was fairly clean. I changed it and made sure all connections are tight and connected. I turn the key to the on positions several times to fill the filter and bowl. I checked the window on the carb and the fuel level was in the middle. :) (the old carb never showed a level). I started it and it started up as normal and I kept it revving for while with foot on the accellerator....but when I let go it bogs out and I have the same problem with the fuel filling up in the secondary throttle opening. The reason its almost fixed because after I burn all that fuel that built up inside it will start again and I can keep it on as long I'm revving it at 3K or so.....once I let go it bogs out and fills up with fuel. I think its a vacuum leak probaly so i need to get a gauge and check tomorrow. You guys have any suggestions?

88accordalltheway
07-04-2004, 12:32 AM
yea, just check the vaccume lines and you should be good

A20A1
07-04-2004, 11:06 AM
When the secondary throttle is filling up is the Float bowl filling up also?

What did you mess up durring the rebuild I have spare carb parts you can use...

I wonder if your powervalve is stuck open or if the air bleeds aren't holding back the fuel enough and thats why the barrel is flooding.

HondaBoy
07-04-2004, 11:10 AM
just to clear up my confusion, did you put on the $29 carb or the rebuilt one? if the case is that both carbs do the same thing, its gotta be a vacuum line problem. hope you get that thing going good man. i know thats frusterating as hell!

soljaboy2000
07-04-2004, 11:16 AM
yeah both carbs does the same thing...................must be vacuum

A20A1
07-04-2004, 01:01 PM
want to do the vacuum line removal then and see if we can't elliminate the problem?

soljaboy2000
07-04-2004, 01:31 PM
I almost fix it again like 10 min. ago.....heres what happen..today I look over all the vacuum lines just making they all tight and checking for visual cracks and holes. Before I started it I notice the fuel bowl level was in the middle again. I started the car and it started right up and was in the cold start phase so the rpms was as 2K or so....I let go of the gas and it stayed running :):):) I immediately got out and ook in engine checking for anything unusual before it dies again. I was looking the fuel bowl window and I literally watch the level get lower and lower and finally the car shut off. No fuel in the secondary throttle either (I solved that problem by not pressing the gas to hard thus triggering the secondary throttle, I suppose). But anyways my conclusion is that something is not pulling fuel in the bowl appropiately....Its not float level or needle valve settings because this is the carb I got from the junk yard and have not touch any of its settings. When I let the car sit for while I guess the remaing fuel in the filter slowly drains into the bowl until the float stops it at the correct level. Thats why it start after a while then shut off once the bowl is empty again.
So.....what vacuum lines makes the bowl stay full or which ones to specifically look over. By the way I am still considering the vacuum removal.....just gimme a time and when your available...thanks

A20A1
07-04-2004, 01:46 PM
no vacuum line makes the float stay full... the float controlls the opening and closing of the valve... it's kinda sorta like a toilet... where the floater rises and closes off the valve.

anyways I have a vacuum guage if you want to look for vacuum leaks

HondaBoy
07-04-2004, 10:34 PM
actually, it works exactly like a float in the water bowl of a toilet. kinda funny eh? when you do get this problem fixed, i hope this can help someone else if they get this problem. hope i never have this problem. will you be doing a vacuum line removal soon? i think now would be a great time to do it, that is after you get this annoying problem fixed.

ivanfbi
07-04-2004, 10:39 PM
could it be the fuel pump?

accordlxi2.0
07-05-2004, 12:31 PM
i think the float needle is messed up , or need's to be raised up.
or did you turn it upside down . . . . . .

soljaboy2000
07-05-2004, 04:08 PM
I changed the whole carburetor and never touch any settings on it.......uh...post #7

soljaboy2000
07-06-2004, 02:28 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=35841