PDA

View Full Version : 205 60 13's on steelies or other rims

HondaBoy
07-04-2004, 10:45 PM
ok, first off i've never been able to get this size of tire. well, nobody ever had it in stock anyway. it was always BF Goodrich brand that made them, but rarely could i find a regular tire. i'd usually find a drag tire, but not a good touring tire. well i found that Pepboy's has em. i think they are futura's, although below where it listed as futura's it had BF Goodrich on the screen i was looking at. they arent performance tires i dont guess, more of a touring tire. they are $39 each, i thought that was like a sale price but they said that's the regular price. i have my old school 10 spoke 13's i'd love to put those on, but one of the rims is bent and kinda out of whack. i have my stock steelies. they are in perfect condition, no dents or curb rash. anyway, i havent bought the tires yet. i'd like to, but i think i should make a decision on what rims to put em on. i thought of buying some beauty rings for the 13's. dont know if that would look good or not. anyway, i like the 13's for their light weight. i may be looking for some nice 13's to put those tires on. not many people look for 205 60 13's, so with my luck those tires will be in stock for a while. those are the widest you'd wanna go so not to have rubbing problems. anyone have pix of the steelies with some beauty rings on them?

AccordArizona89
07-04-2004, 10:58 PM
get some nice 17s with falkens :)

HondaBoy
07-04-2004, 11:21 PM
when i have more power, i'll get something in the line of 16 or 17's. i'm partial to yokohama tire's if i have a choice. but, i'm not getting rid of the old 13's. here's what the "beauty rings" look like
http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/I2623.gif;pv361c75e9feef7fab

shepherd79
07-05-2004, 02:22 AM
you going to put 205/60 R13 tire on 13inch rim? i don't think there is a such a tire to fit on that rim. the widest you can put on that rim would be 195 if you can find. if you want 205 tire you need to go with 15 inch rim.

HondaBoy
07-05-2004, 09:24 AM
no, i went yesterday and looked at the tire. i've seen drag radials that were 205 60 13's on a civic at the junk yard. i think that car may still be there, maybe i take some pix of the tire. also, it didnt look like the tire was going to pop off the rim or anything. they sell that size tire at pepboy's for $39 each, it is futura brand. when i was in WV, i never saw pepboy's up there, so maybe you wont be so lucky to find these tires. i know sears can get them in BFG's, they are performance tires, and discount tire can get them too, but those 2 places are special ordered.