PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP with auto tranny removal.

HostileJava
07-05-2004, 10:34 AM
I've got all the wires/hoses/bolts/axles out of the auto, the whole transmission is about an inch off of the engine but still haning on to somthing, I have it pretty much butt up against the sidewall but it refuses to fall down. Any help would be appreciated. I need to get this done as soon as possible, I do have a car I can borrow for work but would prefer not to. Thanx.

Elijah
07-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Did you take the dust shield of from under neith?I had the same problem.

HostileJava
07-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I didn't bother because it looked like there was metal sidewall right behind the dust sheild coming up, if I remove that will it give me the clearance I need to pull the tranny out all the way?

Vinny
07-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Did you Disconnect the torque conveter from the drive plate???? That will keep ypu from being able to lower the tranny down. You'll be able to go back but not down

HostileJava
07-05-2004, 01:05 PM
That was it, thanx vinny.

Vinny ownz all(he made me say that) :lol:

cdscowboy
07-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Vinny doubts you'll be done tonight, but I have the utmost confidence in you!!!

YOU CAN DOOOO IT!!!

Vinny
07-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks Matt , shit head. We'll see. I know he ran into a side project that slowed him down. Go James go. Yes I bet against ya, but I play the odds :D

HostileJava
07-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Haha, no way I'll be done tonight, I have the flywheel on and I need to get the clutch and pressure plate in, install the linkage and shifter for the manual and bleed power steering, brakes, get the axles back in, put the seat back in and cleanup.

AccordEpicenter
07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
lol... yep gotta remember to do the 8 count

BITESIZE
07-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Way to go Hostile!!!!1

shepherd79
07-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Haha, no way I'll be done tonight, I have the flywheel on and I need to get the clutch and pressure plate in, install the linkage and shifter for the manual and bleed power steering, brakes, get the axles back in, put the seat back in and cleanup.

Sorry man, i wasn't here when all this happened. Steve and I had our own fun with his B series.
Anyway, why did you dosconnect the brake lines. you should have left them there.
you didn't have to do all that.
and you don't have to bleed the PS. just add PS fluid and turn the wheel all the way to the right and all the way to the left a few times. Top it off and you done.

Vinny
07-06-2004, 03:59 AM
He put the stainless lines on Alex, thats why the lines were off. So how was the B series fun over at steve's?

SteveDX89
07-06-2004, 04:03 AM
About an hour or 2 from completion. We had to stop cause I stripped the nut that holds the fuel line on. Other than that, hook up some sensors, put the intake and battery back in and the hood back on and we have lift off. I'll be doing that after work today.

shepherd79
07-06-2004, 04:31 AM
lets put this way, i left my house yesterday at 7am. and i didn't get home till today 1am.
the hardest part was to put that motor back in. it is too damn tight.

HostileJava
07-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Well If you all get that done today I could sure use some help up here Steve, I'm borrowing cars and hitching rides to get to work and now it's only me working on it to get it all back together between the time I get off work till bedtime.

shepherd79
07-06-2004, 04:44 AM
yeah i like to help ya but i am too damn far from you. and i have a class in the morning.

HostileJava
07-06-2004, 05:14 AM
yeah i like to help ya but i am too damn far from you. and i have a class in the morning.

That's ok Alex, I know your like 3 hours from me. Steve if he really wanted to could make it in an hour and 45min :D I just need to get the car outta the garage before next weekend cause my parents are having a party and I'll be running out of favors for bumming rides.