PDA

View Full Version : Houston.....(I) have lift off!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Car is running!!!

soljaboy2000
07-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Alright.....i decided to work on my car some more and just for the hell of it I decided to put my old fuel pump in even though the car was running before with the current one. Before I started it I noticed some of my electronics was not working (alarm, radio, etc) so I checked the fuses and the ECU/Clock fuse was blown so changed it out. I started the car and first it was kinda rough but it settled down and kept running. I turned it off and turn it on again successfully. I dont know if the problem was the fuse or the fuel pump because if it was the fuse then I would of immediately knew because I always use my alarm and stuff. And what does this fuse controls and what would cause this fuse blow also??? Well so far the car runs except it idles at 2K in park or nuetral even after warm up and tapping the gas pedal several times. All the idle settings on the carb is at the lowest possible....any solutions?? Well thanks all you guys for giving me all the help you possible could during this ordeal. My "Hoop Ride" is finally back on the road.............................................f or now :rockon: :cool:

SteveDX89
07-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Did you adjust the throttle stop screw. It's the black knob on the back of the carb. If all the other adjustments are at the lowest and it still idles high, adjust that knob.

soljaboy2000
07-06-2004, 03:34 AM
yes....its all the way lowered...not even touching the throttle

88accordalltheway
07-06-2004, 06:01 AM
gool man, good to hear you finnaly fixed the prob, how many carb kits and new carbs did you go threw?

soljaboy2000
07-06-2004, 09:33 AM
only 1 kit and 1 carb (used)

accordlxi2.0
07-06-2004, 10:19 AM
congrats man, so it still idle's high or not??