PDA

View Full Version : Crossmember different for Auto and Manual?

HostileJava
07-06-2004, 01:13 PM
I don't have the manual in yet but it was mention that the bottom crossmember that runs between the engine and the tranny along with that mount may be different. I know there wasn't anything mention about it in the FAQ, I was hoping someone with some experience with the swap could let me know if I'm going to be needing to go to the junkyard soon and get that.

AccordEpicenter
07-06-2004, 02:37 PM
uhh... thats a negative ghostrider. Both seem to be the same (ive done auto to 5 speed swap, no probs) but i wouldnt be surprised if they were different part #s or if the bottom mount was different.

bboipinoy112
07-06-2004, 04:32 PM
theres a bushing thats bolted on the manual crossmember. just unbolt it and swap it with the automatic bushing thats on the current automatic crossmember. its going to have a letter i think. M, for manual. and A, for yea. if you look at all the bushings it will have M on it. just what my dad showed me. so look out for that.

88LXi68
07-06-2004, 04:57 PM
You can use the auto bushing, just get it loose and slide it back.

bboipinoy112
07-06-2004, 05:05 PM
oh. you can do that i guess. but i just changed da bushings anyways. =\

HostileJava
07-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Cool thanx guys, this is not going anywhere near as fast as I had planned, I have the auto out and the manual underneath the car ready to be lifted in. The crossmember deal is good news cause its one less thing I have to worry about. I borrowed my sisters car(86 Pontiac Bonneville) in the meantime and I bumped the curb with the tires parking it tonight, now the tire's going flat. I can't win :(

smufguy
07-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Jim, why dont u just remove the cross member and that way it would be much easier for you. U just have to drop the front and back and its not that hard. THey are 17mm long ass bolts. OH yeah, u might wanna support the engine with a different jack in the mean time.

HostileJava
07-08-2004, 04:35 AM
I did drop it, I just wasnt' sure if the same one would fit there after getting the manual in since it was mentioned to me by someone that it may not. And how come you havn't been in our daily 3g's chats?

smufguy
07-08-2004, 06:36 AM
I did drop it, I just wasnt' sure if the same one would fit there after getting the manual in since it was mentioned to me by someone that it may not. And how come you havn't been in our daily 3g's chats?

exams bro. :( thats why im busy.