PDA

View Full Version : 2" drop need advice

howndamane
07-06-2004, 07:44 PM
im lookin to lower my car like 2 inches. ive read all the stickies and all, but im wondering what would be the best buy for all the parts, the best setup. i have an 87 lx-i. id also like to know, would i still be able to run say a 15" wheel with a 2 inch drop, thnx.

TheMagi
07-06-2004, 08:53 PM
H&R springs, (though only 1 1/2 inch drop) re-valved Bilstiens, and new ball joints, tie-rod ends, bushings

Elijah
07-06-2004, 08:58 PM
I have 16'' rims right now.And my ghetto drop (cut springs) right now.I'm droped atleast 3-3 1/2 inchs.It all depends on offset and rubber.But I think with 15" rims you wont have any problems.And for what setup to get there is many different ways to go.Are you going for just looks corning or straight line or all of the above.Hopefully Jim will give some insite for you he is our supension guru.

howndamane
07-06-2004, 09:20 PM
im goin just for looks...but i still want my handling to be good and i want it to be comfortable...i dont want to just get the cheap stuff n have a car that rides like hell on wheels

pinoy3gaccord
07-06-2004, 10:20 PM
I have 16'' rims right now.And my ghetto drop (cut springs) right now.I'm droped atleast 3-3 1/2 inchs.It all depends on offset and rubber.But I think with 15" rims you wont have any problems.And for what setup to get there is many different ways to go.Are you going for just looks corning or straight line or all of the above.Hopefully Jim will give some insite for you he is our supension guru.

did you just cut your coil springs? but did u replace your struts? or used the stock ones?

Busted_Blue
07-06-2004, 11:01 PM
H&R springs, (though only 1 1/2 inch drop) re-valved Bilstiens, and new ball joints, tie-rod ends, bushings

what he said if you are looking for comfortable, handling, and looks thats the best setup. I still say H&R is a little soft..but whatever floats your boat.

bullard123
07-07-2004, 10:50 AM
Yeah the 15inch rims will work with a 2inch drop.

3rdgeneration
07-07-2004, 11:57 AM
yeah man i got the tokiko or how ever the hell you spell it shocks and 2.5 dropzone springs, with 15" wheels rides nice and there still plenty of clearance, if i where to do it again i would get coil overs drop it all the way and get some camber kits with the 15's on there. i dont have any updated pictures posted of lthe car lowered with 15's but if you really want i can get you a picture, by the way i have a 88 lx-i.

Busted_Blue
07-07-2004, 06:46 PM
everyone's tolerance for comfortable is different. I have a low tolerance for bumpy rides unless you drive smooth roads, i still suggest the revalved bilstiens.