PDA

View Full Version : Prob w/ Car, please help!

Twisted 87lxi
07-21-2002, 02:00 AM
I'm not really genius at cars, I understand the majority of the functions on the car and how it works but when an off the wall problem occurs sometimes I can't even take a stab at it, like my newly acquired problem. For some reason my car has completely lost the ability to do any sort of burn out, when I rev the engine and let out the clutch it only revs and I slowly go, its like the clutch doesnt even engage until it makes it way back to around 3000 rpms. I assume it's from a messed up clutch but the awkward part is that I just replaced my clutch and yet it runs shittier than ever. When I got the clutch they warned me to go easy on it for the first 10,000 miles, so I did as they said, went in for the scheduled check ups, etc and they told me it was running fine, however my car is obviously not running as well as before and the fact that I can't rev and accelerate is really messing up my quarter time. Does anyone know or have any ideas of what it could possibly be??

shepherd79
07-21-2002, 04:16 AM
check your clutch adjustment. mey be it need to be adjusted.
it sounds like your engine is fine but your clutch is messing up.

88LXACCORD
07-21-2002, 09:33 PM
Yeah, you may want to try adjusting the clutch. Its really easy to do , just spin the plastic thing near the end of the linkage, by the tranny. The pedal should engage the clutch near the floor ( thats what the guy who replaced my tranny said).

Twisted 87lxi
07-21-2002, 10:11 PM
Well I went down to the place where I got the clutch replaced and they told me the same and even showed/did it for me but that seems to have only helped my acceleration when switching between gears, it didn't help my high end engagement.....mabey I'll just go down there and ask them to inspect the clutch again cause im getting fed up w/ this damn thing.....

anchovies
07-21-2002, 11:22 PM
maybe ur asking 2 much from the clutch? :p

Twisted 87lxi
07-22-2002, 12:35 AM
that could be, but why is it than that my old clutch could take that much and this new one can't? That seems like a jacked deal to me....:wtf:

anchovies
07-22-2002, 09:28 PM
well i think it depends on what brand and material your old clutch is compared to your new one

Sean
07-22-2002, 09:36 PM
read trough the other posts on clutches i already stated the most likely problem.
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3448

Twisted 87lxi
07-23-2002, 01:39 AM
Great, thanks