PDA

View Full Version : My Friends 87 Accord,...please help

Jdub07
05-03-2002, 07:26 AM
Rob,....my friend with the 87. Bought a new deck. It has front rca outputs and rear rca outputs. When we tried to plug his amp into the rear rca outputs we get NO sound from the speakers. When we plug it into the front rca outputs we can hear it working through the front door speakers. What are we doing wrong? Everything is grounded from what I can see. How do we get the rear rca outputs on the deck to work? Sounds confusing huh....fuck I don't know much about this stuff so I told him about our 3geez site and that I would get some answers here. He doesn't internet yet but when he does there is a new member!!

Jdub07
05-03-2002, 01:27 PM
man its lookin grim on this problem...no one is responding:wtf: guess Rob is going to have to figure this out on his own.....I was for sure I would get some answers today......anyone out there with some info on the above problem?

damackz
05-03-2002, 07:57 PM
ok so u hooked the amp to the fronts??! or do u want the amp to power the rears or subz!? thatz the confusing part......make sure its grounded right, taped up wit electric tape, test to see if the speakers work and u might try using a light tester to do that so yeah man if u describe what exactly u want i might be able to help further........peace!:pimp:

Bobs89LXi
05-03-2002, 08:41 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, but did you check the fader control? :D If the fader is set to "front", the rear will not work.

smufguy
05-04-2002, 07:06 PM
are the new wires tapped in to the right stock wires? i had done two audio set ups so far, one for my uncle and the other for my friend. And my uncle's was a pain in the ass cause the fuse blew off for no reason. So do check the fuse on your amp (if it has a fuse for the front and the rear). if nothing works, try resetting yoru face plate.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-04-2002, 11:12 PM
is it a two channel amp? I am assuming so, there are not two sets of RCA's on the amp right? If there are then you have the RCA"s plugged into the wrong channel on the amp, you may also need to switch the channel on the amp. what kind of amp is it? If it's only a two channel amp the only thing it could be is a setting on the deck, in that case refer to the owners manual :D

Jdub07
05-06-2002, 02:28 PM
I checked all the things suggested and found out it is a faulty deck!! I was doing everything right the whole time and the faulty deck had me second guessing myself. In any case we returned that pos. I told him to buy one at a store that installs it for you for free when you buy it.....I can't believe I waisted that much time on that:mad: :mad: :mad: thanks for the suggestions I knew you guys would come through.