PDA

View Full Version : Emissions Test in 2 days! have ?'s

AccordAddict
07-07-2004, 08:04 PM
I have a new muffler (3a Racing) on my 3gee which made it alot louder and i just got my resonator patched also (being removed after test). I also think i have a bad O2 censor because my ECU light blinks 12 times. If you have any information on what the qualifications for an emmisions test is could you please help me out. Thanks.

shepherd79
07-08-2004, 03:00 AM
first of all, if ECu blinks 12 times it is your EGR lift sensor. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=26342
second of all diff states have diff emission rules. you just have to go and try. the worst thing can happen is they will give you rejection sticker and 1 month to fix the problem.

smufguy
07-08-2004, 07:08 AM
if your engine light comes on, despite the state ur in. u automatically fail in the enterance. for a loud exhaust, they dont even test emission cause u fail automatically. But with the resonator u should be good to go. keep ur papers handy as in the bill for the work done to the exhaust and such.

If ur throwing a code 12, and like alex said its the EGR. if that thing is not working and is closed, u will defenitely fail for nox no matter what. try to reset the ecu by pulling the ECU/Clock fuse on the engine bay fuse box and wait for about 10 - 15 seconds put it back in and see if the code popps up again. If it does get another one from the junkyard or a fellow member in the same state and close by you and swap it out with a new gasket and see if it works. it also could be that the solonoid is not working in the emission box, but i never had this problem so i dont know. I know these EGR operate off vaccum. so give that a shot and see what happens.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-08-2004, 07:10 AM
put some of that emmisons pass gas addative in the tank

smufguy
07-08-2004, 07:14 AM
put some of that emmisons pass gas addative in the tank

hehe, that shit defenitely works. 7 bux a bottle, passes u every damn time ;) oh by the way its called, Guaranteed to pass emission or something like that.

AccordAddict
07-08-2004, 07:28 AM
ya... and where could i get this "gas," AUTOZONE? hehe

Anyway i reset the ECU and it still blinks..

smufguy
07-08-2004, 07:30 AM
yeah, u can get it in Autozone, Pepboys, Strauts or even Walmart.

WEll if the ecu still blinks get a new EGR valve from a junkyard car, if the price is about 5 bux then get two just in case. u can alway sell the other later on here on the board ;)

AccordAddict
07-08-2004, 07:43 AM
alright, thanks. ill see how the test goes (Tommorow). if i fail ill have to get the new EGR Valve.

AccordAddict
07-09-2004, 01:05 PM
GREAT, i passed! :) and then i got my resonator removed, which did jack shit, i BARELY hear a difference, not louder at all.