PDA

View Full Version : Neon and the law

howndamane
07-07-2004, 09:33 PM
Alright well it is rumored to me that some colors of undercar neon are legal and some are not. My friend always gets pulled for his blue, people say that some colors are to close to emergency vehicle colored lights so they are illegal but some are not. if this is true does anyone know which colors are and arnt legal or illegal?

superaccord
07-07-2004, 10:59 PM
any lights under your car to my knowledge while your driving are illigal!

CletusWindu
07-08-2004, 12:13 AM
as superaccord said, any lights under your car are illegal, no exceptions at all. Strobe lights are illegal. Hell, with the exception of security guards, construction vehicles, and a few other vehicles amber lights on the roof are illegal. For the most part if its not clear in the front its illegal, if its not red in the back its illegal. With the exception of the amber/clear turn signals and parking lights. And if the light is remotely blue or red, its illegal unless it is factory stock. So unless you have a nice new lexus those pretty blue tinted lights are just as illegal as throwing a police light bar uptop.

pimp86LX
07-08-2004, 12:47 AM
-edit, im a nub, please delete this post.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-08-2004, 05:36 AM
i think hes talking about the washer nossle lights for the windshield, those can be white, thats the only legal color. as far as neons under body, none are legal when driving.

HostileJava
07-08-2004, 05:40 AM
Most local and state governments have made any ornamental lights of any kind illegal, so if you decide to drive with them on you might want to check with your local municipality or drive at your own risk.

howndamane
07-11-2004, 09:39 AM
what about front turn signals. if you put in clear covers and kept the stock bulbs that flash clear light is that illegal? im looking for orange bulbs to replace my clears because when i put in my clear sidemarkers i dont want any trouble

88accordhb
07-11-2004, 10:15 AM
all underbody light is illegal, all underbody light is stupid. have a nice day. :)

howndamane
07-11-2004, 11:34 AM
i think we established that already now im askin about turn signal bulbs

DeathRat
07-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Up here In Canada, most "OTHER" colours different from stock are illegal! In fact, neons, leds, etc are all illegal if a cop really wants to push it. With that said, I've got blue LEDs in my clear bumper lights, blue front side marker bulbs, blue LED washer jets, blue LEDs in my rear license plate bracket too. All these "additions" are illegal to be on while driving on a city street mind you.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/491000-491999/491601_106.jpg

maka_RTH
07-11-2004, 02:29 PM
well.., i know in utah (before i left anyways), i asked a cop about white sidemarkers and he said that was cool, just no white on the back, and no red in the front and sides i believe. and no blue anywhere(xenon being hyper-white).

HondaBoy
07-11-2004, 03:49 PM
i had looked it up in the texas DOT web site. yes its true that any under car lighting is illegal when the car is in motion. now, depending on your local law enforcements strictness, you may or may not be able to get away with it. here in my city, it really does depend on what part of town your in. like down town they usually wont hassle you too much about colored marker lights, hood lights or neon. but that's a risk people take. i remember they gave tickets out to people parked in parking lots last year, they were being dicks at that time. you can always look up what your states laws are on you state specific DOT web site or go to your local police department and ask. here they were pretty friendly to me when i went and asked some questions about that kind of stuff.

88accordhb
07-11-2004, 03:54 PM
sorry to flame, but i think it's :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

don't get offended, i love eating rice. :)

sorry deathrat, but someone had to do it. it's inevitable.

DeathRat
07-11-2004, 06:53 PM
sorry to flame, but i think it's :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

don't get offended, i love eating rice. :)

sorry deathrat, but someone had to do it. it's inevitable.
No skin off my my nose! Bring it on! I like eating domestic trash! Besides it makes a nice distraction to others! :rockon:

88accordhb
07-11-2004, 07:03 PM
hehe good point.

johndej
07-11-2004, 07:53 PM
all underbody neon and neon lights in the window are illegal in va.

bluedragon89
07-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Here in North Carolina you can have any color underbody neons except blue and red and you can have them on while driving. Washer lights on the hood can only be white or green.

No lights in the windows (i.e. rear window) thats illegal but you can have any color inside the car on the floor as long as its dim.

My 3G has green underbody and blue in the trunk. When the rear seat is folded down they light up the inside of the car a light blue.

88accordhb
07-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Here in North Carolina you can have any color underbody neons except blue and red and you can have them on while driving. Washer lights on the hood can only be white or green.

No lights in the windows (i.e. rear window) thats illegal but you can have any color inside the car on the floor as long as its dim.

My 3G has green underbody and blue in the trunk. When the rear seat is folded down they light up the inside of the car a light blue.
you should kno, seeing how you say you have a s2k f20c motor in your accord runnin 11's. lmfao. :rofl:

Mike's89AccordLX
07-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Hhahahahhahahaha good one 88accordhb ! But you were mistaken, he said he was running 10's :rofl:

88accordhb
07-16-2004, 01:09 PM
oh my b, 10's!!!! wooo hooo, fastest on the forum, hella leet status and junk.

Bryan
07-16-2004, 02:02 PM

So dragon what your saying is that, you can't have a third break light in your rear window? :dunno:

howndamane
07-16-2004, 03:02 PM
id figure with a 3rd gen running 10s you would have had your rear seats taken out a long time ago. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

lightbulblxi
07-17-2004, 03:29 PM
what u can do, is what my friend did, and mount a bunch of foglights under your car so it lights up white, it shouldnt be illegal because they are just fog lights. :D

crwa
07-17-2004, 07:16 PM
In Oregon any thing cool is illegal, underbody lights blue bulbs in the turn signals and reverse lights, and I think the washer nozzle lights are illegal to, you can't even put red bulbs in to light up your rear plate red. I have been stopped for all this except the underbody and know first hand that they will try to ticket you for them.

And doing fog lights under the body to illuminate it would be illegal also, basically all yo can do is put in brighter head lights and now they are evn trying to make that illegal, like the H4's and hyperwhites, anything that was not put on by the factory.

SavageG
07-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Has anyone had trouble with the strobes on apc window washers? they worked fine when I put them in friday. I think it might be the capicator in the control box. (???)