PDA

View Full Version : Are the 88-89 Center Grilles the same regardless of trim level?

ag bullet
07-08-2004, 02:44 AM
I need a center grille piece for my 89 SEi. The one I bought online a while back is silver whereas mine is kind of a bronze color. I found another one I want to get it, but I am wondering if they are all the same color for a particular year or if the ones on SEi cars are unique to that trim level.

SteveDX89
07-08-2004, 02:58 AM
As far as I know, they're the same but the SE-i may be different.

Moodybluesr
07-08-2004, 09:44 AM
The SEi is a bronzish color whereas the LXi is grayish, at least that is the way it has been on every car I have seen including the three LXis I have owned and my SEi parts car. Unfortunately my parts car was involved in a minor frontal collision before I got it and the grill is mashed in one corner. :( I would ask the people on the board to look out for an SEi in a yard for you and grab the piece you need. It only takes seven quick 10mm bolts to pop it off (less than 2 minutes). :D

Vinny
07-08-2004, 09:58 AM
I'll look when I go to the yard this weekend, if I go and let ya know what I can find

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-08-2004, 10:10 AM
SE-i grilles are exactly the same as any other 88-89, regardless of trim level. If yours was a different color, it was somehow discolored from what it was originally.

AccordEpicenter
07-08-2004, 05:00 PM
whatever, the 86-87 ones are different than 88-89 for sure... either will work but they do look different

k-roy
07-08-2004, 05:48 PM
I got an SEi one sitting on a shelf. Its the same color. The 88-89 style sticks out a little more.

ag bullet
07-09-2004, 03:43 AM
I got an SEi one sitting on a shelf. Its the same color. The 88-89 style sticks out a little more.

Want to sell the one on your shelf?

Elijah
07-09-2004, 04:04 AM
I have both cars.And they are the same.If you want a SE-i one I will sell you mine.I have a spare lx-i one in my garage with the whole hood I will put on my car.

ag bullet
07-09-2004, 12:56 PM
I have both cars.And they are the same.If you want a SE-i one I will sell you mine.I have a spare lx-i one in my garage with the whole hood I will put on my car.

Name your price. Post a pic or send me one if you can [email protected]

Moodybluesr
07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Maybe it is just the specific color SEi that came with the bronzish front trim, as mine is most definately different than what is on my LXi. And no, it is not just discolored from age. It may be worth calling up Honda and checking part numbers before you buy parts that won't look right on your car. Unless you switch out all three pieces with your donor car...

hkplayer
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
i like the 86-87 pne cuz of the chrome

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Maybe it is just the specific color SEi that came with the bronzish front trim, as mine is most definately different than what is on my LXi. And no, it is not just discolored from age. It may be worth calling up Honda and checking part numbers before you buy parts that won't look right on your car. Unless you switch out all three pieces with your donor car...

I already cross-referenced part numbers, that's how I know they're the same. Go to www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and check it out. Also since I have an LX-i as well as an SE-i and they too are the same. Only other way they could actually be different is if they had one of those tacky add on 'gold emblem' thingys like some of the new cars get put on (which is an accessory). Either way it didn't come from the factory that way. The only bronze tinting the SE-i got was on the windows.

Moodybluesr
07-10-2004, 02:27 AM
As I stated, maybe it is only the gray SEi that came with the bronzish front pieces. My project car is a black '88 LXi coupe and my parts car is a gray '89 SEi sedan. I could take pics if it were really worth my time, but it's not, so you will just have to trust me that the trim is different on the two cars. I am not talking about the emblems but the headlight/grill trim, and it is most definately not just a cheap or tacky add-on or mod. When I go down to the Honda dealer Tuesday I will have them look it up for me; I am a bit leary of taking Majestic's online catalog as gospel for such a small difference, especially when I have the parts right in front of me; my eyes have yet to lie to me. :D

k-roy
07-10-2004, 02:47 AM
The one I have is off an 89 SEi Sedan. The car was goldish tan colored, with a "chrome" grille.
I tried looking in the parts catalog and the Grille is not listed for the SEi

hkplayer
07-10-2004, 03:43 PM
i wonder why they would just have a different coloured grill for one se-i over the others? perhaps it is a custom one, meh