PDA

View Full Version : JDM mirrors

wprocomp
07-08-2004, 10:55 AM
hey i have been teying to figure out how to hook these damn things up with little luck,does anyone know if you have to have power windows for these,because it seems like the wiring is almost the same as the window wiring,any help would be great!

superaccord
07-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Nope they wont work for you...guess you have to sell them to me! tough break sorry...lol...but for real. i dont know.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-09-2004, 06:23 AM
Alright what do you have for parts? (mirrors, relays, switch, wiring harness) And were you the one that snipped my auction? How much did you pay for them?

wprocomp
07-09-2004, 02:38 PM
mike If that was you bidding agianst me,I did not snipe you,I bid with 30+min still left,you did jack up the price for me by bidding 8times on it after I set a high bid but oh well I got them,everything is there,the switch,relay and mirrors,I mainly just want know if they work right now-and if I need power windows to use them-I paid $100 with shipping included

HondaBoy
07-09-2004, 10:19 PM
you'll probley have to make your own wiring stuff for em. you dont necessarily have to have a relay i dont guess. if you know how the power antenna switch works, do it like that. you'd need a switch like the antenna one that switches the power around if you want to think of it like that. too bad i dont have some, i'd probley have em working. i was looking for some but kinda gave up since they are quite hard to get as you already know. if you can take some pix of the wires on the mirror and post em, then i can probley tell you what to do unless you figure it out yourself.

Mike's89AccordLX
07-10-2004, 06:12 AM
I was just kidding man, I wasn't able to be there when the auction ended so it was my fault I didn't get them.

You should have the wires and stuff b/c in the auction it looked like he had all of the wires. You need to put power and ground to the harness and the plug everything together and then they should work.

-Mike

wprocomp
07-10-2004, 02:55 PM
man mike I thought you were really pissed at me or something,I was like aww man not mike of all people~hey hondaman-I do your vaccum line removal~you help me with the mirrors,wheeeee!!!

HondaBoy
07-10-2004, 05:01 PM
guess you mean me, that'd be cool. do you have any pix to post up of the wiring of those mirrors?

mykwikcoupe
07-10-2004, 05:21 PM
ok ive been trying to figure these out myself. If yuou look at the switch. there is only the one extra wire. i dont know if that wireis supposed to be tee-taped or what. I belive its the red/blue wire. I havent had the time to mess with it yet. Id say keep all the same wiring and run an extra wire from the switch to each mirror tie into that extra wire. let me know if it works

HondaBoy
07-10-2004, 10:52 PM
dont know if this would be the easiest solution, but you could hook up your power wires up to the battery first off the car. maybe mess around with em and see if you can get them working right? i dunno. i havent seen what the wiring on these look like yet.