PDA

View Full Version : think its safe to buy an ebay driveshaft?

johnwc723
07-08-2004, 01:48 PM
well i was lookin through the ebay today and i do need a new driveshaft cause my cv joint is shot

you guys think that an ebay one is going to be of descent quality (if i got 2 of these 90$ two of a local auto store is ~150 after returning the core)
or should i just go with the auto store's ones

Vinny
07-08-2004, 02:23 PM
personally I would go with the local auto parts store. For one if you have a problem you are right there intown. More impartantly they have a lifetime warranty. Double check your local stores I know advance/parts america have them for like 55 or 65 bucks after sore and they are lifetime warranty. Also keep in mid there will be added shipping fee's on the ebay axles

johnwc723
07-08-2004, 02:36 PM
yeah
that sounds like teh better idea iguess i just wanted to hear it from someone, it look slike the cheapest i can get is gonna be like $150 total tho

AccordEpicenter
07-08-2004, 05:03 PM
i got one for like $45 or so no core charge... and it hasnt broken/made noise yet and i have 20k miles on it and i beat the loving shizz out of it... i say get the cheapest one you can

HondaBoy
07-10-2004, 01:02 PM
i'd say local parts stores are the way to go. ebay can be very iffy. you may or may not get a good product. local parts places almost always will have that lifetime warrenty on the axles. i'd never buy anything as important as a driveshaft off ebay, even with good luck in the past.

88accordhb
07-10-2004, 01:30 PM
local store man, i wouldn't buy anything that's like private party from ebay, youre not there to inspect your specimen. only get ebay stuff that's whole sale like cats, mufflers, headlights, etc. good luck man.