PDA

View Full Version : The sacreligous hacksawing of an SE-i armrest

Sabz5150
07-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Welp, since the second armrest I scored didn't sell, I'm gonna put it to use for me. I'm planning on molding the DTS processor into the armrest, basically removing the armrest itself altogether and doing a bit of a hacksaw/fiberglass job to the console part itself. I may put controls for lighting alongside the processor like the RGB controls and rear lighting.

This would be extremely useful since I can't reach the processor controls from the rear seat where the screen will be. Would suck to have to move up front just to adjust the volume.

Anyone have any other clever ideas for the armrest soon to go under the hacksaw? Post 'em up!

lightbulblxi
07-08-2004, 11:04 PM
haha, dude, turn it into a bong! but really, the one im gittin soon im gonna make a angle panel in it that ii can mount all my switched to, so they are hidden and dont cludder up the interior, such as fog lights/gauge lights, and so on. ill prolly also put the buttons to open my doors in there since im shaving the handles. i might even put it on a hinge, so i can fold the plate up and have it sit where the pad does, but still be able to fold it down and use the pad.

HondaBoy
07-09-2004, 10:29 PM
i'd thought to hide my small amp inside. and its pretty small, only a 100 watt. maybe i can try fitting something else inside? i dunno, maybe a PS2 or better. dvd, something along those lines, but then i'd need to make vent slots so whatever goes in there can breathe. maybe soon i will put some screens into the backs of my prelude seats. dont know if that'll be happening. i will probley dump most of my cash into more funtional stuff like the engine and suspension. more than likely i'll be doing the stuff myself to save money like i did with the interior work. ah, there's no telling what will be next.

HostileJava
07-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Can you post pics of both side by side so we can get a better spatial view of what has to go where.