PDA

View Full Version : Tips on changing Fuel Injectors?

89accordhb
07-21-2002, 05:58 AM
So I purchased new Venom Fuel Injectors because mine are all leaky and clogged up.

I have the Haynes & Chiltons manuals and it doesn't look too tough. If anyone has any good tips please let me know!

Thanks.

OldSchoolSwap
07-22-2002, 11:04 AM
Its easier than you think. Just make sure you don't over torque the fuel rail nuts, you can brake the bolts verry easy. Trust me I know from experience.:rolleyes: :D

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap
Just make sure you don't over torque the fuel rail nuts, you can brake the bolts verry easy. Trust me I know from experience.:rolleyes: :D
True dat...:rolleyes: I snapped one too, hehe

They are very easy to do. Just relieve the fuel pressure (although I never did -- I just pulled the fuel pump fuse and cranked it a few times. Not sure if it did any good or not, but oh well), take off the 4 nuts, unplug the wires (don't lose the little metal clips -- they will come flying off VEERRRYYYY easy, so take them off sllloooooowwwwllllyyy, and only far enough to get the wire off), then pull straight up and viola!

:)

89accordhb
07-28-2002, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. Job went great and only took about 2 hours. The old ones had a whole lot of build up so now it does feel as though I have a little better flow.