PDA

View Full Version : looking for EQ??

blahblahblah
07-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Sup all, Iv never used an EQ befor. Is it normal for them to not have 3sets of RCA inputs(front,rear,sub)? I was looking for one, but didnt see any with 3 sets. If anyone knows of a Co. that makes one with 3 sets, please let me know.

ivanfbi
07-09-2004, 03:05 PM
rrrr newbie, there is only one input, and it controls all the front, rear and sub, just connect the wires, it should be saying which one is what...

dXsquared
07-09-2004, 03:20 PM
ya... most have 2 in's... one for the deck, one for PS2, DVD, MP3 or someother RCA input... and then they have 3 sets of outs... front, rear and sub...

Travis

blahblahblah
07-12-2004, 10:51 AM
sorry, No newbi, I hate EQs and have never used them and never whated to do anything with them. I us the AUX on the cd player for the PS2(for me, computer) I have 3sets of outs on the HU. For the EQ not to us them sucks. You can tune your staged better. Thats the only reson I wonted one. My setup needs better stageing...I think Im just going to try to get bigger speakers up front....Maybe a 3-way setup, 8"mid-bass, 6"Mid, 2x3/4 tweeters or just dual 6"s....Do you know of it being done in a 3g? I did it in my Omni..But it had flat metel doors.....

HostileJava
07-12-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm sure it's been done, If your putting putting together a component system(better then using 2ways or 3ways) then don't waste ur time by installing the tweeters in the door sides, intall them in the a pillar or in the dash. High's are very directional so if there not aimed at your ears, your not hearing all the details.

blahblahblah
07-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Ya. I have them in the pillars, but my stageing is still all funked up. I think I just might try another set of tweets. O and I forgot, I have messed with my friends EQ (http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/website/products/processors.html) he got.