PDA

View Full Version : My Accord is dead i think

My 89 Accord Lxi
07-21-2002, 07:50 AM
ok this mourning my moms alternator stoped working in her car so she comes in my room takes my keys and she finds the battery is dead then she thinks hmmm myabe she can move her battery to my car and she does but that STUPID FUCKING BITCH PUT THE PLUGS ON WORNG!! she put the postive and negative as im walking outside and she says help me i asked what are you doing :mad: and she told me to start it and i see smoke come from behind the speedometer and i lifted the pnel to look and everything is FUCKING FRIED!! and i go u owe me a new car and she says some BS like you didnt have to listen to me . WTF!!! that is the biggest peice of BS i have ever heard she is always saying some stupid shit like she is the parent and i have to listen well when i was looking for car b4 i had my accord i wanted a fiero it was only 900$ and she said no and "u have to listen to me cuz im the parent" im gonna kick her stupid ass if my car cannot be fixed does anyone no about how much it would be to fix it the whole electrical board behind the steering wheel is toasted :rant: :mad:

netfreak
07-21-2002, 07:32 PM
Sad to hear. I also know first hand how parents can be a pain.

And you misspelled "morning" in the first line but "mourning" seems to work better anyway :p

TeKKnoTeKK
07-21-2002, 08:19 PM
I doubt your guage cluster is the extent of the problem, that is probably just the beginning, sorry man.

dosh8er
07-21-2002, 09:37 PM
uhm... not to get anyone in trouble, but paybacks are a bitch! (and they feel so good) I'd go about looking into some sort of insurance claim, that's after i smacked her around for being such an idiot, and not asking for any help.

But then again, If I was in your shoes, well, man I'd be irrate. I wouldn't put up with that crap, even calmly you should be able to get some retrebution out of this incident. Just remind her that it was her fault, not yours, and keep it nice like. Then if she won't listen, get irrate.

--Anger management: is that like, taking everyone else's anger out on someone?

My 89 Accord Lxi
07-21-2002, 09:59 PM
i swear im about 2 seconds from turing super saiyan :mad: anyway my car is acting weird the lights come on and the power locks work and thats all that works. it wont start i cant roll up my windows and it rained no clock no radio i changed all the fuses and still nothing anyone wanna try to take a stab at whats wrong?? my car better work i just spent quite a bit in mods for it. would it be cheaper to buy another car??? someone help b4 i kill this bitch :rant:

offthahook
07-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Do our cars have main fuses like the older Accords??? I did that same thing once and blew the main fuse and it was like $1. It's a piece of slim metal not far from the battery. That's how it is on OLD Accords. I dunno, you're obviously getting some power from somewhere.

88LXi68
07-22-2002, 07:11 AM
offthahook is right. Check the fuse box inside the engine bay and there should be a main fuse type of thing. You may have to take another cover off once the big top one is off. they kinda look like this __| |__ (two metal strips with a box attached). hopefully my weak explaination helps ya out.

My 89 Accord Lxi
07-22-2002, 07:44 AM
too late my mom is paying some shop to look at it they said if its a fuse it would only be about 5-10$ to fix but if its the computer it would be 500$

88LXi68
07-22-2002, 09:17 AM
$500 for the computer?!?!?! Thats crazy. If there is a junkyard in the area go there first. If not I'll sell you my auto computer that works fine (i swapped to 5spd so I dont need it).

My 89 Accord Lxi
07-24-2002, 07:36 PM
okay i got it fixed my mom still didnt tell me how much it was but my dash board doesnt light up at night and my cd player doesnt work either that is some BS!! were taking it back in the mourning

TeKKnoTeKK
07-24-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by My 89 Accord Lxi
my car better work i just spent quite a bit in mods for it. would it be cheaper to buy another car??? someone help b4 i kill this bitch :rant:

LMAO :lol Sorry....I had to bust up over that

damackz
07-24-2002, 10:41 PM
:werd: lol
yeah prolly the main fuse was fried.....

seancornelis
07-24-2002, 11:21 PM
Come on ease up on your mom, it was a mistake and she was even nice enough to pay for it!

Check the main fuse anyway, but most likely it's a computer problem. A friend did that to his Taurus once and almost the exact same thing happened.