PDA

View Full Version : F--ing skipping tape deck

keruhas184
07-09-2004, 06:15 PM
So... I'm sill using the stock cassette deck. I use an adapter to play my cd player. But I have a constant problem of the deck thinking that my adapter cassette is at the end, and tries to reverse the direction/side. But the damn thing just keeps reversing itself and keeps skipping while the audio goes in and out... :mad:

This is my third cassette adapter, all three were different brands. I used some deck cleaner (alcohol kit thing) about 6 months ago, but it still does it.

Should I just consider a new deck, or is there an easy solution?

PS. sorry if this has been discussed before, I did try using search....

accordlxi2.0
07-09-2004, 06:26 PM
you have the radio that say's high power system.
the problem is it need's lubrication. . .
use so wd-40 and get a tape you don't want, then let it play for awhile, then reverse it and so fourth . . . .
WAIT!? . . . . when you go to put the tape in does it go down slowly??

keruhas184
07-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Well, it doesn't exactly dive down into the deck.... maybe 2-3 sec to get inside. So should I do the wd-40 thing?

accordlxi2.0
07-09-2004, 06:33 PM
yep or just get a tape deck, if it does'nt work.
cause it'll get slower and slower and it'll quit working, their's only one mother that control's the pull down, but a soleniod control's the eject.
you can get a pioneer cd player for about 100 and some change . . . . . .

keruhas184
07-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Ok, Ill try to lubricate it. If not I guess Ill have a look on ebay for 4600mp or something. Thanks for the help

Bloodlust
07-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Tape deck? They still make those? :D

accordlxi2.0
07-09-2004, 06:56 PM
you can't get a pioneer cd reciver for $100, pioneer's a good brand, it's in my dad 240, my moms sable, was one in my 3g . . . . .

ivanfbi
07-09-2004, 10:14 PM
you CAN get a pioneer cd player for $100 and even less. My cd player Kenwood 50Wx4 with detachable face and remote control cost me $65, my friends cd player Pioneer 50Wx4 ith detachable face and remote cost hit $60, my other friends cd player exactly like mine cost him $70......Just don't buy retails, thats all....I would say go for another cd deck, those tape decks suck ass

keruhas184
07-10-2004, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I think I'll have to finally put down the dough. I just put in new speakers: 652i's in the back, and cheapo pioneers in the front and my car has never sounded so sweet. I could get it for less than $100, but I want it mp3 capable, so the cheapest price is $140 shipped for 460mp on ebay. :)

accordlxi2.0
07-10-2004, 06:20 AM
hmm have fun!

keruhas184
07-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Just got p560mp! And I will be putting it in just about...... now....

I'm finnaly getting a dig cam in a few days, so Ill post pics of the deck and a few other stuff I did to my dying girl later this week... promise

blazin3gen
07-19-2004, 08:43 PM
i bought a brand new jvc cd player for 100 bucks u need a new deck bro lol and i used to use that tape thing before, mine would eject it because of the cord coming out of the back of it i had to fidle with it till it started playing it

keruhas184
07-19-2004, 10:07 PM
Yea man, if you had read the whole thread you would have seen that I just got a new deck... ;) Which btw isn't in yet because of the stupid stock antenna connection. I'm going to have to solder my own cable onto the metal joint thing to connect it to a new deck.... I've yet to do anything to this car without encountering some kind of unexpected obstacle... <sigh>

blazin3gen
07-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Yea man, if you had read the whole thread you would have seen that I just got a new deck... ;) Which btw isn't in yet because of the stupid stock antenna connection. I'm going to have to solder my own cable onto the metal joint thing to connect it to a new deck.... I've yet to do anything to this car without encountering some kind of unexpected obstacle... <sigh>

well sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! but once i read the first post its all over hahaha u will hear my 2 cents ahaha

glad u got a new deck though i cant stand facken tapes imagine if our computers had tape slots :D that would be kinda cool ahhaha but bah i hate tapes :D

keruhas184
07-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Yep, it was quite a fulfilling experience to trow that antique radio into the dumpster. I think I even saved a few pounds - that thing was a bit havier than my new Pioneer. I learned another thing - Honda also makes radios - it says "Honda" and "made in Japan" all over the place; and the damn thing still worked being 17 years old! Them Japs know how to make their stuff :bow:

88_hatch
07-23-2004, 10:38 PM
And just imagine, if they could REALLY build them, it would probably outlast your car. haha I have the same problem with my deck and i need to buy a new one. i usually just fiddle with the tape with my hand.. almost got my hand stuck the other day...

accordlxi2.0
07-24-2004, 07:28 AM
actully it was alpine.
but glad ya went with a pioneer, wicth model di dyou get?

87accordlxi
07-26-2004, 12:30 PM
glad u got a new deck though i cant stand facken tapes imagine if our computers had tape slots :D that would be kinda cool ahhaha but bah i hate tapes :D

lol I remember in grade school and even high school I used to religiously make cassete tapes and play them in my car and Walkman. It was pathetic how I used to listen to the radio all day and hit the record button real fast when a song I liked came on. Computers and file sharing seem to take all the fun and hard work out of getting new music.

Vinny
07-26-2004, 12:47 PM
HAHA I remember 8 tracks, reel to rells, and LP's. I used to just record a bunch of 12" remix's onto a cassette. I think I may still have some 8 tracks somewhere, I just don't have anything to play them on :(

87accordlxi
07-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I would dig up some of my old radio tapes because there was come cool shit on them. But I dont think I have a cassete player anymore. All I know is, to this day I HATE when radio dj's talk throughout the entire intro of a song and don't shut up til the singing starts. It just ruined the entire song for me when I was recording it.

TheSummoner101
08-30-2004, 04:45 PM
cool, thats good that u finally got a cd player in ur car, i still need to get one, currently savin up for speakers in the back :D

well sorry!!!!!!!!!!!! but once i read the first post its all over hahaha u will hear my 2 cents ahaha

they do make tape decks for computers, so u can put ur mp3's on tapes :rofl: (its true, i seen it in some computer geek magazine)