PDA

View Full Version : I found somebody that sells carbon hoods

slowazz86carb
07-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Ok peeps. I want to share what happen to me today. I was driving through Alhambra, CA.I was thirsty, so I decided to pull over to one of these small ass Asian stores to get a PowerAde.(BTW No offence to Asians)So as I’m walking out the door. I see this free mag on the ground. It had a bunch of imports on the front of it. It’s some type of underground community magazine that vendors advertise in it. Its called Speed Infinity. So you can’t get it on the news stands or 7eleven. So I get home and jump on the throne.(that’s were I do my best thinking)I start thumbing through this mag. I was so surprised to see that there are about 30 or 40 shops around my city. Everything from after market stuff to Motor swaps. I was like DAMMMMMMM. Keep in mind I’m still on the throne. So I get to this ad and it says ”Carbon Fiber Hoods” As I look closer. I see the yrs 86-89. I was like no FU&^%$# way. So I get out and call them up. Sure shit. They do make a 3gee carbon hood. I spoke to guy named Will. Cool Dude. He even told me that they are working on getting a full body kit done and BMW Z3 and MR fenders done by the end of the yr. I think he said the hoods were like 280 bucks or around there. Anyways. I wanted to share that with all of you. Their info is as follows:

Advanced Import Tuning
City of Industry, CA
Tel: 626-820-6125
Fax: 626-820-6133
www.aitracing.com

I know I’m getting one soon.
Just wanted to share of this with you.
If any of you need help with anything or with contacting somebody here in cali. I would be more than happy to help
:rockon:

bullard123
07-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Cool man!!!! Good news!!! Aftermarket support is on the rise!!!!! I'm glad people are noticing how good our cars will look when they are fixed up.

slowazz86carb
07-09-2004, 11:23 PM
This guy made a good point to me and its true.If we all band togther and bug the hell out of all these companys that make stuff for other cars.They will see the demand and make stuff for our cars.The reason they dont make anything is cause nobody asks for the things to be made.

xdeathx
07-09-2004, 11:39 PM
cool

adams86lxi
07-09-2004, 11:42 PM
dude thats awesome! Ill have to give them a call sometime!

maka_RTH
07-09-2004, 11:47 PM
now, everybody call DC sports.., I WANT HEADERS!!! lol, anyways, good find bro. i may have to look into some of that.

slowazz86carb
07-10-2004, 12:04 AM
dam.think about it.theres 5000 of us now.if we all call DC.ill bet they will make the headers.Dialing now.Dam no answer.

89dxowner
07-10-2004, 12:26 AM
Thats so sick! I know what im buying next ;) GREAT FIND!!!!!!!! Nice job dude. Maybe I should start going to little ass asian stores more often. (also no offence to asains) :D

nswst8
07-10-2004, 05:08 AM
Awesome find. Thanks for the info. Power to the Pegan GODS who sit upon their thrones in immense contiplation of thought.
Phil

Robs89LXi
07-10-2004, 05:14 AM
Hey, there's a lot to be said for throne-thinking.

HostileJava
07-10-2004, 05:51 AM
I don't know how many people will admit it, but I'm sure ALOT of guys do there best thinking on the throne and good find.

Robs89LXi
07-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Okay, I went to the website you linked, but I don't see anything listed under hoods for an Accord. Is there an Acura or Civic hood that fits ours? Where did you see it?

Oyvind Ryeng
07-10-2004, 07:16 AM
The site is probably in need of an update. Btw, good find!

slowazz86carb
07-10-2004, 08:30 AM
Ya.I didnt see it on the website either.I saw it on the ad.So thats why i called to confirm.

adams86lxi
07-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Okay, I went to the website you linked, but I don't see anything listed under hoods for an Accord. Is there an Acura or Civic hood that fits ours? Where did you see it?

i saw that too but then i noticed at the top it says "new products for july" so i guess they only show the new stuff for each month!

Robs89LXi
07-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Yeah, but above that is a link for oem hoods. Still nothing there though. Like Slowazz said though, he called and confirmed that they had them, so I guess that's the best way to contact them.

slowazz86carb
07-14-2004, 08:01 AM
So has anybody called or ordered a hood yet?

joker2
07-14-2004, 08:33 AM
I plan on calling them to see how much shipping will be on there hoods to Maryland..... If it's not too bad then I'll probably order from them.... I'll ask them about the quality as well because not all carbon fiber hoods are made the same....

slowazz86carb
07-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Cool.if you need any help.Let me know.these guys are a couple of mile from my house.if theres a way also to save you on shipping.let me know and ill help you as best i can.

joker2
07-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Cool, thanks for the help.... :)

shepherd79
07-14-2004, 08:54 AM
good goly people.
do the search. we had group buy on this hoods long time ago. i am not sure if it was from this guy or now.
the hoods been awailable for over 1 year right now. it is just that very little people have money to buy them.
plus they are not that light eather.
so, before you post your new find, please do the search. i am sure we found it and knew about it.

slowazz86carb
07-14-2004, 08:59 AM
ahhhhh.ok

blazin3gen
07-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Cool.if you need any help.Let me know.these guys are a couple of mile from my house.if theres a way also to save you on shipping.let me know and ill help you as best i can.

how much if u deliver it to my house :D

haha dont worry slow your new find was very interesting because its mainly for us Californians hahahahahaha

slowazz86carb
07-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Ill gladly deliver to your front step.Just let me know were you keep the keys to you 3gee. :kekeke:

88accordhb
07-14-2004, 08:35 PM
just cuz something looks nice, doesn't mean it's not :rice:

hehehehhe

sporkHSP
07-14-2004, 09:03 PM
ooooo i wanna see this body kit they are workin on, if companies start coming out with stuff like that it helps up advertise the 3rd gen with out cars which creates more interest from other "tuners" which means more aftermarket is the future!!! bring on the hoods and kits!

Sabz5150
07-14-2004, 09:14 PM
I don't know how many people will admit it, but I'm sure ALOT of guys do there best thinking on the throne and good find.

Throne + wireless PDA = good

sporkHSP
07-14-2004, 09:32 PM
throne+ wireless laptop = better than PDA

blazin3gen
07-15-2004, 03:31 PM
just cuz something looks nice, doesn't mean it's not :rice:

hehehehhe

ahhh man if that coment was for me it really hurt :sadwave:

88accordhb
07-15-2004, 03:51 PM
ahhh man if that coment was for me it really hurt :sadwave:
ahhaha don't trip luis, i was speaking generally. cf hood is a waste of money, not just on our cars, but on most cars i see. like civics, and stock 240s and junk. unless youre goin all out with the race/rice theme, the hood is not worth it. only several useless lbs in weight reduction, and yes, it absorbs heat from the engine bay, but wat kinda heat does our a20's put out? not much haha at least not mine.

don't flame me for hating. that's just my honest opinion and no one elses, soo do your damn thang, if that's wat yall like, then go for it.

slowazz86carb
07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Im waiting to see the kit to.i asked the guy to give me a call when he was ready that way i can get a pic of the upcoming body kit for all of you.Since they are close to my house.its a hop and skip away.

blazin3gen
07-15-2004, 04:46 PM
ahhaha don't trip luis, i was speaking generally. cf hood is a waste of money, not just on our cars, but on most cars i see. like civics, and stock 240s and junk. unless youre goin all out with the race/rice theme, the hood is not worth it. only several useless lbs in weight reduction, and yes, it absorbs heat from the engine bay, but wat kinda heat does our a20's put out? not much haha at least not mine.

don't flame me for hating. that's just my honest opinion and no one elses, soo do your damn thang, if that's wat yall like, then go for it.

haha yea but in my case i need a new hood period :D

wprocomp
07-15-2004, 08:58 PM
AIT has been selling those for over a year now-I "WAS" trying to get a group buy going through my parts supplier,but AIT could not come up with a price,first they said $340 shipped,then $380 not including shipping-we both gave up,so I will look into it agian since its been about 8-9months since we contacted them

Robs89LXi
07-16-2004, 03:03 AM
Hey, fellers, just what exactly is the point of a carbon hood? I mean, just how much weight are you saving, and even then, what kind of performance gain is that gonna get ya? Take the $300+ and get you a cam and intake. They will more than make up for the weight of your regular hood! Of course, this is the appearance section, so I guess if it's all for looks, then that's another issue. Still, I'd rather be fast than just look fast. But, to each his own, right?

joker2
07-16-2004, 04:28 AM
Well, for me, lets just say that I know it's going to look slam'n on my car and secondly my engine is fully performance built, from the block up, so there's not much more I can do but make the exterior look good... :cool:

slowazz86carb
07-16-2004, 05:19 AM
It think it just more for looks.

sporkHSP
07-16-2004, 08:07 AM
i would be interested if they offered non-oem options, like a 1 1/2 - 2 in cowl hood, i could use the extra clearance for my civic intake and ventalation... so if anyone talks to them mention doing something like that. then id be in

Forgar_88
07-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Guilty here of the throne thinkin, and I hope all guys have a magazine rack in the room!