PDA

View Full Version : Car trouble please help

89accordmeister
05-03-2002, 07:35 AM
My car just started not idling......it stalls all the time now...and when i go to start it back up, i have to push it to the floor and it will start and puff out a little black smoke....as long as i am on the throttle it runs good, but it wont idle at all......anybody have any ideas:wtf:

89accordmeister
05-03-2002, 07:41 AM
I just filled my tank yesterday or the day before.....and i dont if this has anything to do with it but i wanted to throw it in.....any info would be great

ACCORD EX
05-03-2002, 08:43 AM
may you fuel filter got clogged because of some shit in the gas you filled ! ! my dad says to me that when the car does that after a fuel fill it could be one of two :

bad filters , bad gas !

MIKE

DarknessRS
05-03-2002, 09:18 AM
That could be a whole mess of problems, could you be more specific? Has the car had any previous problems, was it acting funny before?

ibanez4string
10-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Sory for the late reply, but my car is doing the same thing. changed plugs, cap, rotor, fiddled with choke, changed both fuel filters. It had done it before right after it decided to stay at a high idle. I had sprayed some carb cleaner in it and typically it would cure itslef overnight. No luck this time I am thinking crapped out carb or vaccum leak. Oh well any help would be appreciated.

3G Jester
10-23-2003, 10:58 PM
yeah. darkness is right...it could be a lot of things...

but if i put money on it i would say fuel filter. thats the most likely problem.
go get your oil changed or do it yourself. change all the filters and do it right if you do it yourself. and make sure if you take it anywhere its a good place thats reputable.

3G Jester
10-23-2003, 10:59 PM
oh yeah. two more things:

1)dont buy cheap gas from shaddy stations.
2)dont neglect your filters or oil. ever. if you keep up with those simple things your honda will run forever

Sk8boarder
10-27-2003, 01:19 PM
hey, i had the same problem - ended up changing the fuel fileter like 4 times in a few months haaha. Finally i got my fuel tank out and got it cleaned and it turned out that there is this other thing that's that's inside the tank which helps deliver the fuel - it was all clogged up so i replaced it - it was 200 bux. Don't try to do this yourself since the fumes r toxic and they can easily explode - let the guys from Honda do it. It's worth it.

k-roy
10-27-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Sk8boarder
hey, i had the same problem - ended up changing the fuel fileter like 4 times in a few months haaha. Finally i got my fuel tank out and got it cleaned and it turned out that there is this other thing that's that's inside the tank which helps deliver the fuel - it was all clogged up so i replaced it - it was 200 bux. Don't try to do this yourself since the fumes r toxic and they can easily explode - let the guys from Honda do it. It's worth it.

C'mon man, whats the fun in taking it to a mechanic? I like danger.