PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Swap - Clutch Cable Questoin

HostileJava
07-10-2004, 06:22 PM
OK, I got tired of trying to figure out how to get the whole pedal box out and just swapped the pedals, now I was reading through the faq and saw the little clutch cable holder on the side of the manual pedal box. I don't understand what I need that for, I'm not finished with the swap yet so I haven't been able to give it any real world testing but the cable seems to be pulling the lever for the release bearing just fine, why do I need this? I also decided not to swap it since the bracket for the cruise control was not on the manual bracket that I got.

88LXi68
07-10-2004, 06:28 PM
it will not disengage the clutch right. It will stick. I would just swap that 5spd box in, drop the steering rack and wiggle that shit out. Your a small guy so you should be able to get up in there.

smufguy
07-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Jim, i have no clue what ur talking about. Can u post a pic of what ur relating to?

HostileJava
07-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Jim, i have no clue what ur talking about. Can u post a pic of what ur relating to?

http://3geez.com/showpost.php?p=40308&postcount=3

smufguy
07-11-2004, 07:17 AM
if im not mistaked, thats the hole (holder) where the clutch cable end mates in with the pedal lever using a dead bolt kinda pin and a clevis pin. Ill tell u about it via text message.

thegreatdane
07-11-2004, 11:40 AM
Like 88LXI68 says, just drop the steering rack unbolt all the bolts and take the assembly out. Also remove the 2 bolts for the fusebox so you can move it öut of the way and get some more room to work with. You dont need to unplug it. It's pretty easy to replace it and you dont have to remove the front seat either. You need the manual pedal assembly to make it work.

smufguy
07-11-2004, 09:02 PM
im still not clear on ur explanation Jim. U wondering whats the difference bwt the two pedal sets are? or u just dont know what the clutch cable holder does?

sporkHSP
07-11-2004, 09:07 PM
he is wondering why he needs the clutch cable holder on the pedal assembly... or at least thats my interpretation...

i just swapped my pedel bracket on friday, it took a few hours to take everything out and like 45 minutes to put it all back together... its not that tough, just not fun when you do it in the heat of a humid midwest afternoon...

smufguy
07-11-2004, 09:09 PM
ooooooooh, well thats simple. If thats the question.

Its just a guide to help the pivot end of the clutch cable to stay in place cause there is no locking pin in there ( i messed up on that info in the previous post). It helps the cable end to stay in place and not jump out of the pedal lever.