PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about fuel injectors....

SMaurer32
07-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone. First off, GREAT forum. First time I've posted, but have gotten mucho information here. Anyways, got a quick question on fuel injectors. I was wondering if I could use injectors from a 1990 Accord on my 89. I looked up the product number on FI from the 89 and 90 on napaonline and seem that they are the same. Thanks for the help in the past and future!

smufguy
07-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey everyone. First off, GREAT forum. First time I've posted, but have gotten mucho information here. Anyways, got a quick question on fuel injectors. I was wondering if I could use injectors from a 1990 Accord on my 89. I looked up the product number on FI from the 89 and 90 on napaonline and seem that they are the same. Thanks for the help in the past and future!

well napa just fucked up. :) they are different injectors for a F22 and a A20, to say for a 4th gen accord and a 3rd gen accord. The $th gen accord, the 1990 accord, uses higher flow rate injectors.

technically, u could use the 4th gen accord injectors on the 3rd gen with no problem. Do hold on to the 4th gen injector seals and O-rings tho, just in case.

also, get the 4th gen injector resistor box and study the wiring schematic and match it up with the 3rd gen injector resistor box wiring schematic, match the wires (colors might be different, not sure) and plug it in and ur good to go.

The injector resistor box is just to do the installation right, u can also just put the injectors in and dont touch anything and ur car would still run.