PDA

View Full Version : Suspension is done

Moodybluesr
07-11-2004, 02:08 AM
I finally finished installing the rear disc brakes as well as the Tokico HP's and Lightspeed springs, so I thought I'd share a couple of pics with you guys:

http://home.earthlink.net/~moodybluesr/Frontleft.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~moodybluesr/Backleft.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~moodybluesr/Reardisc.jpg

You can see the rear disc inside of my ARC rim there... The other pics show off the stance and dealer-installed moonroof as well as the solid red tails and tinted corners/headlight/grill trim pieces. :cool:

Next on the agenda will be to fix the rust over the back wheel wells, removing the amber from the bumper lights, shaving the emblems except for the front and back "H's" which will be done in gold to match the rims and pinstripes (the front chrome strip on the grill will also be gold), and installing the Boston/Fosgate/Nakamichi stereo setup. :rockon:

DeathRat
07-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Looks Great!

bullard123
07-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Cool. How do the tokicos feel with that drop??

88accordhb
07-11-2004, 09:06 AM
very nice car, is that a 2 in drop?

nswst8
07-11-2004, 09:42 AM
What did the dealership roll you for the moonroof. Just curious. But it all look good.
And keep that rust off the ride.
Phil :cheers:

BDaccordguy
07-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Looks good man, how low is that drop tho? Im gonna be getting a proper 2" drop here pretty quick and am just curious if thats what u got.

maka_RTH
07-11-2004, 10:29 AM
so is that dealer installed moonroof basically the a stock setup? or is it aftermarket and you just had the dealer install it?

Moodybluesr
07-11-2004, 12:13 PM
According to Lightspeed the springs I used are only a one inch drop; the ride is pretty stiff considering the higher spring rates and non-progessive design, but I like it that way.

The moonroof was installed by the dealer for the original owner (I am the second owner) when she bought the car. Fortunately she saved alot of the paperwork for the coupe so it was esy to figure out that it was a completely custom aftermarket job done through the dealer by C&C up by Detroit. It functions just like the sedan's factory moonroof but it also has a "tilt" feature and can retract the glass completely into the roof, unlike the sedan's roof which goes in about 90%.

The wind visor for the moonroof is a factory Honda piece off of a 91 EX with slightly modifed brackets for my application. No stick-on crap for me. :D

SteveDX89
07-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Drop looks good but I don't like the wheels.

HondaBoy
07-11-2004, 03:38 PM
thats cool, the SE-i rear disks. looks really good with the gold rims on the black car. were they originally gold? looks pretty clean like that.

TheMagi
07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Great job...looks like a nice ride height for 1" drop.

PortugalFocus
07-12-2004, 07:28 AM
Those gold rims make the car look flawless. Very sexy! Wicked car man, great job.

Busted_Blue
07-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Looks good, how long did it take you to do the rear disc brakes? I'm curious as I need to plan out time to do it soon too. ^^

wprocomp
07-12-2004, 08:40 PM
whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaattt!!! no shiny muffler!?! lol j/k looks great,even though I am a huge fan of bronze/gold rims,those are a bit too small-but I would really like to see some 16"-17" gold wheels on it!

Moodybluesr
07-12-2004, 10:12 PM
Looks good, how long did it take you to do the rear disc brakes? I'm curious as I need to plan out time to do it soon too. ^^

I took my time and worked a few hours here and there... I kept running into rusted bolts that I had to cut out... :sad2: Other than that, it was a pretty straightforward job. Swapping the proportioning valves was alot easier than I expected (easy access on the passenger shock tower) but the e-brake cables were kind of a pain to run (had to move the exhaust heat shield out of the way). I also grabbed a set of new rotors since they were $16.99 each at Autozone.

Wood9669
07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
nice drop!

the wheels look so.. ugly. not so much that the style is kinda blah but the color is GOLD!?! but to each his own :)

edit: the rims look like the same ones on my uncles 98 lexus

lightbulblxi
07-13-2004, 07:05 PM
i like it man, the wwheels would look cleaner with some lower profile tires, and a mettalic gold. and it looks like the tails could use one more coat of red, cuz the amber is still see-able. other than that, it is a clean car. maybe even get some gold spinning hubcaps! haha jp. whats ur interior lookin like? btw, did you get that MO yet?

Moodybluesr
07-15-2004, 12:28 AM
i like it man, the wwheels would look cleaner with some lower profile tires, and a mettalic gold. and it looks like the tails could use one more coat of red, cuz the amber is still see-able. other than that, it is a clean car. maybe even get some gold spinning hubcaps! haha jp. whats ur interior lookin like? btw, did you get that MO yet?

The interior and engine bay still look like shit... hence the lack of pics. :lol:

And yeah, I got the money order Tuesday and sent the stuff out yesterday; UPS estimated that you should have the parts Friday. :rockon:

maxoutracer
07-15-2004, 04:58 AM
looking good james!