PDA

View Full Version : I need installation help for a short throw shifter!!! asap!

88'er
07-11-2004, 04:07 PM
:help: :mad: :help: well i've done it, i can't find the instructions to my pacesetter short throw shifter so i started without them, i've got everything apart and now i can't figure out where the large round new polyurethane bushing goes. if anyone can help me asap or get me a copy of the instructions it'd be sweet, if not i'm gonna be without a car for awhile!

XJRiggs
07-13-2004, 07:11 PM
How about you try:

[email protected]

They might me able to help you.

k-roy
07-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Ok here is how I did it in my Teg, after looking at my Accord manual I can see that its similar.
First raise up the car, drop the exaughst and cat heatshield. Then you can disassemble the shifter and drop it out the bottom (after removing the knob of course). Then you should be able to see what is goin on from the bottom of the car. Its not difficult, I did it in 20 minutes while the car was on jackstands.

you should download the shop manual from Paul's site if you want pics.
www.pauldesign.ru

nswst8
07-14-2004, 05:15 AM
Then I beleive they are the ones that go to the end of the shift rod connected at the transaxle. This is a guess since I don't have a photo of the bushings you are refering to.
Also If I'm not mistaken you will have to adjust the plastic ball almost all the way down other post here guys were saying that the shifter was hitting the exhaust if not adjusted.
Hope this helps.

88'er
07-14-2004, 09:11 PM
thanks, anyways guys! but i had to take it to a transmission shop because the bolt snapped that connects the torque rod to the tranny! $400 later for removal and reinstall of the tranny! anyways, shifter is in and pretty cool if i might say so myself!