PDA

View Full Version : Speakers Question

AccordAddict
07-11-2004, 07:50 PM
I have 120 Watt Jensen Speakers right now in my 3gee, and i just picked up some 90 Watt Digital Audio speakers (180 Watts total Power Handling, Swivel Neodymium Tweeter, Crossovers, and some nice grills). I was wondering if the DA Speakers would sound better than the Jensens. Im not sure what total watts power handling is on them.

AccordEpicenter
07-11-2004, 08:04 PM
they should sound slightly better, Digital Audio= audiobahn but i think theyre overrated but in any event should be better

87AccordsterLx
07-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Jensen products are for the most part disposable. I would stay away from their amps and speakers.

Vanilla Sky
07-12-2004, 12:53 AM
i like thier old XS subs... pretty cheap, didn't sound half bad, and could be made hella loud before giving out... i've only blown one, but it took a beating before it went...

and truthfully, i would go ahead and swap them out and have fun with your new speakers

Moodybluesr
07-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Jensen products are for the most part disposable. I would stay away from their amps and speakers.

I would have agreed with you up until a few years ago when they were bought out by JVC... they still aren't the best stuff in the world, but they have improved greatly as of recently.

That said, the Digital Audio should definately have better definition then the Jensens. :D

87AccordsterLx
07-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I would have agreed with you up until a few years ago when they were bought out by JVC... they still aren't the best stuff in the world, but they have improved greatly as of recently.

That said, the Digital Audio should definately have better definition then the Jensens. :D

That still puts them on the low end of the subwoofer market. JVC might own Jensen but you can bet that they don't put the technology into a Jensen like they do with JVC subs. I agree they have gotten better, but to me a sub needs to take at least 3 years of hard beating before giving up. A Jensen sub will go after several "months" of pushing it. If you want a good sub buy an Infinity or Eclipse. You can't go wrong with either of those.

AccordAddict
07-14-2004, 06:07 PM
i have an orion sub, Carbon F / Stainless Coustic amp, sony Head Unit, and DA speakers.

Bloodlust
07-14-2004, 06:21 PM
In my experience jensen speakers sound like crap. I would never buy them again. Of course I was comparing them to MB Quart, which are alot better, so I dont know if its a fair comparison.