PDA

View Full Version : spring rate

AccordAerodeckEX
07-12-2004, 01:44 AM
hello,

witch are the spring rates for OEM springs ?

thank you

shepherd79
07-12-2004, 03:42 AM
please read the sticky threads above.

AccordAerodeckEX
07-12-2004, 04:33 AM
Alex,

I think I readed carefully but i didn't find the data I need.

I need the spring rates in lb/in or in N/mm .

thank you

shepherd79
07-12-2004, 05:19 AM
the stock spring rates are 211lb for the front and 117lb for the rear.

AccordAerodeckEX
07-12-2004, 05:33 AM
thanks man

I'm in Romania and I sent a set of struts in Germany. they made custom struts for race cars. I'm very curious about it.

I have H&R with Koni in front and stock in rear. the koni's are 2 mounths old but I feel like the front is bouncy. can be? or it's because of rear struts ?

AccordAerodeckEX
07-12-2004, 11:50 PM
Alex,

I need som extra infos

do you know the MOTION RATIO for front/ rear spring?

also, the SPRING ANGLE from vertical?

the german engineers keep ask me those kind ok questions.... :uh:

ideea is that I try to make som custom dampers but is too much mathemathics.....

markmdz89hatch
07-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Alex,

I need som extra infos

do you know the MOTION RATIO for front/ rear spring?

also, the SPRING ANGLE from vertical?

the german engineers keep ask me those kind ok questions.... :uh:

ideea is that I try to make som custom dampers but is too much mathemathics.....

This sounds like a great idea. I know I would be up for a full set (all four) if they come up with a full race setup.

The spring angle from vertical.... I'm not sure they need this. The spring is a true vertical spring, although it does not mount perfectly perpendicular to the road surface, b/c both front and back have a pivot point (base of the rear strut, end of the lower front fork that the front strut mounts to) considerably below the base of the spring, this should not matter. I would not even be able to get this info without really digging around, and making a ton of phone calls.

As for the motion ratio... again, not info that is easily accessible. That too would take probably about 20 phone calls to various shops, and honda mechanics/engineers.

What I can do, and what may help these engineers is a pic of the suspension that I snagged from honda a few years back. It shows the full wheel/tire/strut/spring/knuckle/hub assembly. I don't have it on this computer, so it'll take a few days to get it to you.

AccordAerodeckEX
07-13-2004, 03:22 AM
thanks MARKMDZ,
I already sent them the assembly pic from the technical manual. The germans need numbers man!!!!

If you are interested in custom made struts, I would help you but America is so far away, and the shipping is very expensive. They need the original struts because they use the body from them. the rest is brand new. they made the struts as you like, specially designed for springs you have. I have H&R now but I'm planning to buy Dropzone if I can, cos here in Europe nobody know about them so I have to buy them from US.

keep in touch

shepherd79
07-13-2004, 04:47 AM
stay away from drozone springs or coilovers.
they are way way too stiff for any struts. you will spend a fortune trying to keep those springs undercontrol.

AccordAerodeckEX
07-13-2004, 06:12 AM
thanks sheperd I will consider, but with som struts especially designed for them?