PDA

View Full Version : weber is fuckin up

dXsquared
07-12-2004, 02:07 PM
i pull into the gas station, car is running primo... i notice that im a little too far from the pumps... so i go to fire the car up and didnt wait long enuff and it didnt fire.. i think i heard a backfire... and then when it did start, it was running like TOTAL ass... sputtering, not idling, shit like that...

so it wont idle, runs super ruff under 2500 RPM and dies unless i use the gas to keep it alive...

when i hit 3000, things smooth out... alot... it will pull very hard to redline like usual...

im thinkin somthing broke in the low speed circuit... so its causing the carb to lean out and not idle...

what is there to break?

Travis

dXsquared
07-12-2004, 02:16 PM
i guess i should add that i swapped plugs cuz i thot this was from bad plugs...

Travis

A20A1
07-12-2004, 06:10 PM
I would go over the carb and make sure all the jets are snug and that the float isn't filled with dirt particles... also make sure the float valve is secure to the underside of the top hat.
also with the top hat off... push on the powervalve a few times to see if it goes in and out freely... (the rod with the spring on it)

also make sure that the spring on the secodary thorttle linkage is pulling the secondary throttle plate fully closed or else you'll bleed extra air into the manifold and that might cause some mixture problems.
The secondary throttle could also just be stuck... make sure that the nut on either of the thorttle shafts isn't too tight or that will cause binding...

check for vacuum leaks as well if you still have trouble.

dXsquared
07-12-2004, 06:54 PM
im goin for vac leak... it probably blew a gasket when it backfired... it was running primo like right before i tapped the key...
Travis