PDA

View Full Version : Fuel rails

ninja2571
07-12-2004, 02:12 PM
are there any aftermarket fuel rails that would fit, or could be modded to fit?

NXRacer
07-12-2004, 02:16 PM
to my knowledge, the only way you could use an aftermarket fuel rail is if you put on a b16 intake manifold. There arent any fuel rails for the A20 IM.

ninja2571
07-12-2004, 02:39 PM
ok, how much work would it take to get a b16 intake on?

shepherd79
07-12-2004, 02:48 PM
it is not the problem to get the B16 intake on. you have to drill one hole and it will fit.
the problem youwill run into is EGR valve. B16 manifold doesn't have EGR valve.

maka_RTH
07-12-2004, 02:53 PM
isnt' there a way to get past having no egr?

NXRacer
07-12-2004, 02:57 PM
sure. just plug it up and go. Your ecu will throw the code, but that aint no thang. Justin86 has been running with no egr for a while and it hasnt been much of a problem.

maka_RTH
07-12-2004, 03:19 PM
i thought i remember seeing somewhere how to get rid of egr w/out the ecu throwing a fit..., can't remember though. i suppose i could search though, uh...

*edit after searching some..., i think what i saw was that the egr valve was left hooked up, so the ecu is happy that it's still opening and closing i guess, whether or not it's actually on the intake manifold.

Justin86
07-12-2004, 03:54 PM
I have had it pluged for a year know no problems. The only way to do it and pass emission is to have custom engine management, which I need really bad, and I will be going to a B16 mani with the works. Just another Mike runs a B16 intake and was able to pass cali emission which is very strict.

ninja2571
07-12-2004, 04:09 PM
i dont have any emission laws here, how do u plug it?....So i can goto a junk yard and get a b16 intake and throttle body, with injectors throw it all on and get a hp boost? if so bout how much and would it be noticable

smufguy
07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
i dont have any emission laws here, how do u plug it?....So i can goto a junk yard and get a b16 intake and throttle body, with injectors throw it all on and get a hp boost? if so bout how much and would it be noticable

hehe, u know im gonna be on ur threads asking u to search search and yeah search again. ;)

plugging an egr can be done easy. just unbolt the egr pipe from the header. cut it and get it welded shut. I know there are some guys who crimp it, but hell welding it is not gonna be that expensive.

U can get the B series manifold put on with no problem, but getting to run right, is another issue.

Ur power increase is not gonna be noticeable, let alone any in the low end. U will sacrifice the low end for the high end, but again, our motors dont really have any high end compared to the B-series. We stop at 6250 rpm, but with a good engine and a different camshaft, ignition and fuel system, u can move that redline a lil further up, but nothing close enough to the B-series.

maka_RTH
07-12-2004, 05:14 PM
a good b16 header is the AEBS one..., they sell them on ebay for like $175 i think... sometimes cheaper. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7909023123&category=36474&sspagename=WDVW there's a link, i just did a search for AEBS under intake/fuel -> intake manifold. you could get this and then a stock b16 manifold for all the extra stuff you need off of it(like TB, TB studs, etc.)

Justin86
07-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Yea I was going to say that get the AEBS manifold. Also going with a small TB will help to keep that low end, but the AEBS manifold it a well rounded intake, helps to improve top end but has the longer runners that won't kill your low end.