PDA

View Full Version : Here's a question that doesn't get asked often

original2k
07-13-2004, 05:00 AM
wtf do u guys do for emissions inspection? i mean there's too many import cars out there to count, and most of us have to get emissions sometime in our lives, but the question is, what do ppl do? do u guys have hook ups? return your car to stock? HOW DO YOU PASS EMISSIONS? one reason i brought this up is becuz i woke up 7am this morning to goto a supposedly "easy going" gas station only to get turned away cuz my car was "too low", ok i'm dropped on progress which is only 1.75" and i think that's complete bs, it was too early for me to press the guy about it but really he just looked at my sideskirts and said it was too low, LOL there are bmw's, vettes, and all kinds of other cars that are lower than my car STOCK, i think i'm gonna go back there sometime today to press his ass tho, but plz leave your feedback about the above question!

p.s.-apparently my car was "too low" to get on the lift without scraping......lol......

88accordhb
07-13-2004, 05:07 AM
there's the visual and the smog, they'll mark you down if it does't look too stock, like if you see justin's car's engine bay, eheh tha'ts what i mean. smog tests for level of CO, NO, NO2 emitted by your car. some factors that contribute is not having a cat, doing hose and vacumn line removal, etc. i think any car older than 1972 in CA is smoged exempt.

original2k
07-13-2004, 05:11 AM
yeah the visual is easy for me, i mean i just put everything the way it should be, but the guy say they didn't have a ramp for the lift so it woulda scraped my undercarriage, i mean in a way i can see how can say that, just trying not to take the chance, but whatever, i still need the shit! haha

88accordhb
07-13-2004, 05:26 AM
haha i freakin hate these whack ass tests.

keruhas184
07-13-2004, 06:30 AM
I was thinking of de-modding it for next year (I'm due for emissions in fall of 05 - if the car still runs then ;) ) but I got to know this guy who says he has a hook-up. So I may get a hook-up next time. But its not like my baby can't pass emissions. All I got to do is put back the stock intake and *maybe* replace the cat. :)

SharkyX
07-13-2004, 06:40 AM
wtf do u guys do for emissions inspection? i mean there's too many import cars out there to count, and most of us have to get emissions sometime in our lives, but the question is, what do ppl do? do u guys have hook ups? return your car to stock? HOW DO YOU PASS EMISSIONS? one reason i brought this up is becuz i woke up 7am this morning to goto a supposedly "easy going" gas station only to get turned away cuz my car was "too low", ok i'm dropped on progress which is only 1.75" and i think that's complete bs, it was too early for me to press the guy about it but really he just looked at my sideskirts and said it was too low, LOL there are bmw's, vettes, and all kinds of other cars that are lower than my car STOCK, i think i'm gonna go back there sometime today to press his ass tho, but plz leave your feedback about the above question!

p.s.-apparently my car was "too low" to get on the lift without scraping......lol......

I didnt know we had emmisions testing out here in VA? ive never jad to do it.

MoonScryer
07-13-2004, 07:11 AM
Easy: Live in a place that doesn't test for emissons :D

maka_RTH
07-13-2004, 08:11 AM

i know in utah, there's some places that you have to do emmissions, and some that you don't. maybe it's like that in VA, some places do, and some don't?

Mike's89AccordLX
07-13-2004, 08:15 AM
I didn't vote b/c I don't have emissions testing or any inspection at all. That's why I will probably not ever move out of the state.

-Mike

Cheeseburger
07-13-2004, 08:42 AM
if any one wants to pass the somg test here in Los Angeles here i got a guy who dose it for me and i always "pass" :ugh2: the smog test

original2k
07-13-2004, 09:04 AM

believe me sharky u will, did u just get that car? cuz if it already was in the 2 year cycle then u won't have to redo it until u re register ur car, but VA will make u do it, or u can't register your car

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-13-2004, 09:40 AM
When I was in Illinois where they did emissions, I failed twice. Then I ended up moving to a non emissions tested county (was moving anyways), so I never had to worry about it. We no longer have testing down here either so I still don't, LOL. They use to have the tests down here though, and a couple years ago my dad had to get his Astro van to pass (hahaha, yea right). Well a friend of a friend of a friend that worked at the testing center, a few dollars changed hands, and WHOA, it passed! :kekeke:

MIK3
07-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Man, Arizona tests are stupid. I hate them. All I have done is flipped my lid and put on a breather, and that wouldn't pass emissions. Even just having the flipped lid w/ out the breather won't pass emissions. These guys are strict like no other, I'm lucky I only have very little de-modifying to do to my car. I sure hope A20A1 doesn't need emissions, lol.

88accordhb
07-13-2004, 11:49 AM
uhhh with some parts of different states they will have testing as to other parts. it might be more in the surburbs than in the rural areas.

RobT5580
07-13-2004, 12:56 PM
I usually just run a tank of 93 octane and sometimes an additive before testing and fortunatly we dont have a visual inspection in CT. Im not sure whats going to happen once the turbo is in but i think it should pass as long as i put the cat back on.

original2k
07-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Man, Arizona tests are stupid. I hate them. All I have done is flipped my lid and put on a breather, and that wouldn't pass emissions. Even just having the flipped lid w/ out the breather won't pass emissions. These guys are strict like no other, I'm lucky I only have very little de-modifying to do to my car. I sure hope A20A1 doesn't need emissions, lol.

pretty much anything u do that could potentially release gases and what not from the engine into the atmosphere is illegal to have/do to your car, breather filter for example is attached directly to the cylinder head, which in turn just releases gases into the automaspher instead of going through the intake filter like it's "supposed" to hehe

88accordalltheway
07-13-2004, 01:01 PM
man i hate the us. fuck all who say its good to do emissions. i mean come on, look at all the big rigs and busses there are on the road. 20 of those put out more crap in the air in a month than all our cars do in a year put together. its rediculus. I see more empty busses than i do 3geez on the road, and thats a lot.

86LXItooFAST4me
07-13-2004, 01:18 PM
its always a good idea to make a REALLY good friend that just happens to be a state inspector. like i always said, "Its not what you know, its who you know"

89dxowner
07-13-2004, 02:10 PM
there's the visual and the smog, they'll mark you down if it does't look too stock, like if you see justin's car's engine bay, eheh tha'ts what i mean. smog tests for level of CO, NO, NO2 emitted by your car. some factors that contribute is not having a cat, doing hose and vacumn line removal, etc. i think any car older than 1972 in CA is smoged exempt.

Its 74 or 75 now it goes up with every year.

johndej
07-13-2004, 02:44 PM
all i know that VA has is a safety inspection.

88accordhb
07-13-2004, 04:11 PM
that's why my next car will be an old old school, prolly 280z or mustang (don't flame me you ass, i love those).

AccordEpicenter
07-13-2004, 08:51 PM
yeah but seriously, how many 70s mustangs are there still on the road? Not enough to make a difference. If i were you and knew somebody, id get the smog issue taken care of by them. If it came down to paying somebody or reinstalling your old exhaust and intake system, id just do that, itll take less than an hour and youll save.

88accordhb
07-13-2004, 08:55 PM
well i dont' want an old stang just to have a smog exempt car, i want one because they kick the groins and then some.

blazin3gen
07-14-2004, 05:26 AM

yea its 74 right now next year is 75

bah smog i think i may fail next year :sadwave:

88accordhb
07-14-2004, 03:56 PM
not if you look like the girl in your avatar... but you don't. :(