PDA

View Full Version : starter question . . . .

accordlxi2.0
07-13-2004, 08:23 AM
okay guy's i need your help . . . .
okay now the starter was said to be bad, and the only way to make it work is by hammering it. i went to start it , it started up but shut off, i had to hammer it.
now as crippled i am (for now)
it was kinda hard but i hammered it 3x's try to start did'nt work.
i did this 4x's.
then i noticed a wire black and yellow, looked like, it was on the coil but i kinda lifted it up, it wanna touch it and get shocked like crazy.
but it worked.
i let it warm up, took a looooonnng time for the fan's to come on.
but i turn it off, started it worked.
i did this four time's and it worked.
is this wire the culprit?????

thanx-n-advance!

Vinny
07-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Yupp that would more than likely be the culprit. The black/white wire with a spade connector on it that goes to the solenoid comes from your ignition wwitch and sends voltage to the solenoid when the key is turned to start. Mine did the same thing, I had to actually crimp done the spade connector where it goes into the solenoid to get it to stay. Its a pretty commong problem. It wont shock ya, as long as the keys not turned to start

accordlxi2.0
07-13-2004, 08:34 AM
hey thanx vinny, okay one more question should i dissconnect the battery so i could push it in more???

Vinny
07-13-2004, 08:40 AM
I didn't. but I work on planes for a living. 12 volts is nothing compared to taking a full 115 volts off a 48 kVA generator

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-13-2004, 09:45 AM
I didn't. but I work on planes for a living. 12 volts is nothing compared to taking a full 115 volts off a 48 kVA generator
So THAT explains it! Now I know what happened.... :kekeke:

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 09:16 AM
well i know what it was the wire . . . had to be.
cause i went to start it up, and it started.
let it warm, turned it off, started it, i did this 5x's and each time it started.
so hopefully i won't have any problem's(knock on wood).

now i have to brag, i sat inside, it was quite as hell, compared to my 86.
vibration was less, the rpm in park fully warmed was 650.
my 86 would've been vibrating.
this hardly vibrated so the side mount might need to be replaced and that might sovle the lil' vibe that it get's.

plus there's like this ticking/scraping that i hear, coming from the valve's.
the dizzy is gonna be replaced with a prelude dizzy (thank's k-roy).
i'll get some pic soon as i can!!!

smufguy
07-14-2004, 05:05 PM
the ticking might be un-adjusted valves since u say u hear it from the valves. HOw is the oil? if u open the oil cap, do u feel or see oil in there? or just turn off the car before u put ur eye into it ;).

also, ur idle is supposed to be a lil higher right? shit i wish my car idled at the right rpm, it idles at 800.

accordlxi2.0
07-14-2004, 06:00 PM
first off you have efi, so you could adjust it, it say's 650 or maybe that's in drive, either way you can adjust your's.

oil is fine and clean, he chaged it on the 3 or 4th of may.
their's oil up their.
he took care of the car.
pretty cool guy.

i feel oil, and see it, i did this while the engine was running.lol, but i done it before.
on ething is it take's to long to start.
i hope the valve's aren't hitting the piston's.

i have a feeling the t-belt might have to be changed, would it be easier to remove the belt from the cam first instead of the crank??

accordlxi2.0
07-15-2004, 02:56 PM
anyone???