PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From NJ

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Howdy. My name is Mike and I bought a 89 Accord LXi for my daughter(and me!!!???). It has auto trans 2dr,pwr sunroof and only 95.5 k on it. In VG overall cond .It is Tan exterior,dark brown interior with no rips or cracks in anything. It still has the original floormats.I am hoping to get some pics to post and get a rear spoiler,some orig alloy wheels and XM radio for it. If I get all this stuff my daughter will have to let me drive it!!!. Nice site.
Mike :cool:

nswst8
07-13-2004, 06:54 PM
You have a very reliable ride with what we consider low miles. I'm getting ready to hi 200,000 and we have some guys here with well over 200,000 and even some at 400,000.
Just take car of the under carridge keep it from rusting and you'll have a very reliable ride foy your daughter.
If anything goes wrong with it you can find the answers here.
Again, welcome and enjoy the site.

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome Phil! I did a lot of research online about Hondas mainly reliability and durability and hands down the Honda won. It impressed the hell out of me when people have 250,000 miles or more and the want to rebuild the car because they love it so much!! There was a site that I spent a lot of time on-reading about high mileage Accords. One guy had one with 740,000 miles on it and the only reason he got rid of it was it was in an accident. He still managed to get $500 fo the "wrecked " car anyway!!
Glad to have one. I will post my first leagal ride review of it when it happens next week. Mike :lol:

Bloodlust
07-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh great another Mike. Welcome to the board. I have an 89 LXi auto coupe myself. I live in PA so im pretty close by.

Jareds 89 LX-i
07-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the board!! You made a very wise choice in a 3rd gen for your daughter. The reliability simply can't be beat! I'm at 349k right now, all original, runs and drives absolutely perfect :D Actually of the 3 3rd gens in my immediate reach, they total 811,000 miles (349k, 306k, and 156k). The 306k is all original too, including the original auto trans, and still shifts like new. All have working a/c too

Enjoy the new ride! :welcome:

HostileJava
07-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Oh great another Mike. Welcome to the board. I have an 89 LXi auto coupe myself. I live in PA so im pretty close by.

Haha, that's like # 12 isn't it? Where in NJ are you? I work in Easton, PA right by the last exit on 22 before you cross into NJ where 22 and 78 meet in the Phillipsburg/Alpha area.

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-15-2004, 12:49 PM

You can call me "old Mike"...lol
Mike was the most popular name for a boy for 40+ years so there are a few...
wouldn't dare name my son after me though... couldn't do that to him...
:lol:

Another Mike

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Haha, that's like # 12 isn't it? Where in NJ are you? I work in Easton, PA right by the last exit on 22 before you cross into NJ where 22 and 78 meet in the Phillipsburg/Alpha area.

You know the old Joisey joke... What exit are u from? Exit 77 Bayville Ocean County. I really like your LXi. Nice wheels. what are they and how much $$$?

Exit 77 old Mike :kekeke:

Bloodlust
07-15-2004, 01:05 PM
You know the old Joisey joke... What exit are u from? Exit 77 Bayville Ocean County. I really like your LXi. Nice wheels. what are they and how much $$$?

Exit 77 old Mike :kekeke:

HostileJava has an SE-i, unless ur talking about me Im not sure. His is crap, mine owns all :D

BTW, how old are you? If ur over 30-something ur older than Vinny, and therefore ull be known as "Dad".

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-15-2004, 06:16 PM
HostileJava has an SE-i, unless ur talking about me Im not sure. His is crap, mine owns all :D

BTW, how old are you? If ur over 30-something ur older than Vinny, and therefore ull be known as "Dad".
:lol:
Well, I like both your cars(and everybody elses for that matter) Do you really wanna call me DAD? I might say something like " You better slow down in that Honda son!!! Or clean your room!!! Lol... Call me anything as long as you call me... :lol:

nswst8
07-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Don't worry Mike, I get to be 41 this year. :rockon: The older I get the "HARDER IT GETS" :cool: Beats petting it and wishing it luck :rofl:

89ACCORDLXiDAD
07-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Don't worry Mike, I get to be 41 this year. :rockon: The older I get the "HARDER IT GETS" :cool: Beats petting it and wishing it luck :rofl:
Got almost 7 years on ya Phil but somehow I think I am younger??!! Took the 16 soon to be 17 yr old daughter out for practice drive for her driving test.
30 years ago I got my license!!! Wow ancient history what a concept :sadwave: The Accord ran and drove great. There might have been a little than 1/4 tank o gas then I filled it up. It took 9+ :sad2: gallons and cost $17.50.
Wow...my truck costs $40 and gets half the mileage...hmmm :sad2: