PDA

View Full Version : Alternator Plug

ChronoDX87
07-21-2002, 10:22 PM
:huh: Darn it.. my alternator gave up .. and i just didnt wanted to buy a new one or rebuild one from autoparts ... so i got one from a junk yard it looked like new so i just brought it home and tried to install it.. when i noticed it was a FI alternator and my original is Carb.... which has only 3 wires , unlike 4 from FI.... DARN IT.. and to make things worse.. i did not get any warranty on it.... ok.....

now my question is.... can i still install the Alternator .. and yes i got the plug for the FI.. i just dunno what wires to cut if any ..on my 3 wires Carb alternator plug, so i could use the 4 wire FI plug and Alternator in my Carb 3G...

Thanks..:stupid:: :confused:

offthahook
07-22-2002, 09:24 PM
I do not believe you can swap them. You learned correctly that the FI has 4 spades, but the carbs only have 3. Sorry dude...

cruznz
07-23-2002, 04:01 AM
are the wires still on the 4 pin plug? If they are ,and your colour codes are the same as mine, the white/red wire is for EFI,which you dont use.
You should be able to remove the spade terminals from connector and place them in 4 pin plug.
Done this plenty of times with no prob's.
You may also find that top bracket may need a spacer on it.
Hope this helps

ChronoDX87
07-23-2002, 06:41 PM
yes the wires still on.. interesting.. ill try that as soon as possible.. Thanks .:bow:

rocky2
07-23-2002, 06:57 PM
Autozone may be able to help you out by testing it for free,then also you can figure out the wireing differances.