PDA

View Full Version : what's best shortram kit???

AccordAddict
07-13-2004, 06:16 PM
i saw these APC intimidator intake kits at Pepboys/Walmart for like 96 civics, Delsols, and preludes. whats the best one for the 3gee? i know they dont have all the holes in the tubing but i wll drill some, but what is the best fitted one? anyone have one of thesE? :dunno:

nswst8
07-13-2004, 06:25 PM
You can plug the extra air inlets with vacuum caps. and use a universal breather to cover the vent pipe from the valve cover.
You can practically custom any set up just make sure of the bends will go where you want them to.
Hope this helps

88accordhb
07-13-2004, 06:37 PM
91-93 integra short ram?

AccordAddict
07-13-2004, 06:46 PM
i only have the choice of those car intakes, because i dont like to wait on orders. i might just use the tubing off the intake kit and put a K&N filter on, if it will help, im definitally installing a heat shield though.

smufguy
07-13-2004, 06:47 PM
hit the search button on CAIs or short ram intake or even intakes. Look for the thread that has the "best intake set up" or something like that as its title. THey got some specific cars (modded) with some intakes.

AccordAddict
07-13-2004, 06:48 PM
You can plug the extra air inlets with vacuum caps. and use a universal breather to cover the vent pipe from the valve cover.
You can practically custom any set up just make sure of the bends will go where you want them to.
Hope this helps
What do you mean by all that??? im a newb..

smufguy
07-13-2004, 08:31 PM
What do you mean by all that??? im a newb..

this is what he means >>> http://89accord.netfirms.com/DSMHonda/000_1062.JPG

As u can see the PCV inlet to the intake manifold has been vented out by a breather (filter). But as u can see this set up is on the 88-89 efi cars.

For you, its a little bit different. U can either route it to the intake manifold (the driver side) and use one of the unused ports to plug ur existing hoses in if u want.

AccordAddict
07-13-2004, 08:49 PM
smuf, that pic doesnt show up.

smufguy
07-14-2004, 04:08 AM
smuf, that pic doesnt show up.

try here http://89accord.netfirms.com/pictures.htm

1988starter
07-14-2004, 07:43 AM
i saw these APC intimidator intake kits at Pepboys/Walmart for like 96 civics, Delsols, and preludes. whats the best one for the 3gee? i know they dont have all the holes in the tubing but i wll drill some, but what is the best fitted one? anyone have one of thesE? :dunno:

APC sucks get this one much better filter powder coated just cut 3-5 inches off the filter end. I had this one before my CAI and it was way better than my friends Pepboys APC special that is why he bought my old one.

AccordAddict
07-14-2004, 09:25 AM
yeah, my engine is diff. i think he means instead of plugging all those hoses into the intake tube i can just put a breather filter on the ends of some of them because it will be breathing in the same air temperature anyways.. right? heh

nswst8
07-14-2004, 10:29 AM
I just got done fitting the Weapon-R Short Ram in and I didn't like the filter end, so I also had a APC 92-95 Civic/Delsol 151000k and the pipe is way to long it will need to be cut to be fitting if you want to go through all that trouble but I did end up using the APC filter with the Weapon-R pipe and I like the way it fits.
As to the vacuum covers, they are little rubber boots to plug vacuums that are not in use so I hope that this clears it up alittle better.
When you remove your OEM air box you end up reomoving the valve cover return vent tube that you can cover with one of those little mini breathers you can pick up at Autozone or use silcone vacuum hose to dress it up alittle.
Get creative when you do this.
Hope this helps

AccordAddict
07-14-2004, 10:48 AM
they only dont come in use when you install a new intake right? well dont they need to be in use, because someting will mess up wouldnt it? im just gonna drill like 10 holes into my intake tube and plug all the hoses that were plugged into my stock one into it. it seems easier that way. im picking up an APC intake friday.

nswst8
07-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Are you carbed of EFI. If EFI you need not drill any thing the only line is the breather coming off of the valve cover.
Don't start something if you don't fully understand what is going on. This is the quickest way to SCREW something up. :sadwave:

AccordAddict
07-14-2004, 11:50 AM
im efi, have an 86 lxi.

1988starter
07-14-2004, 11:55 AM
it is best to connect the valve cover tube to the intake so it draws off gasses

AccordAddict
07-16-2004, 07:36 PM
i just installed it. i got a 96 Civic intake kit and had to cut it alot but i did it. it sounds great, my car is louder and sounds so much better. i feel a little more hp gain also, like when accelerating, lots of response.